HOW TO CREATE A LICENSE PLATE MOUNT

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
after looking every where to buy a bicycle license plate mount i found nothing

i did find this instructions here http://www.trfindley.com/pgbikes.html but i found that those brass plate are a bit expensive so i decided to creat my own version of this idea.

so first get a seat tube reflector and remove the reflector from the base. then i used a piece of plexiglass i had laying around.
cut it to the shape of your plate and drill the holes for the plate and the center holes for your reflector mount

01.jpg

now use a bigger drill bit to give the mount holes a cone effect
02.jpg

buy bolts with the coned shaped
03.jpg

this way the head of the bolts will be flushed in the area where the plate goes
04.jpg

install the reflector mount with bolts and i also used some pressure washers
05.jpg

06.jpg

spray paint black
07.jpg

08.jpg

09.jpg

next mount your plate on the mount
10.jpg

11.jpg

install on your bike
12.jpg

13.jpg

now on the rollfast the seat tube turned out to be thinner so i used black electrical tape to make a shim
14.jpg

i might do something better like a piece of rubber but for now it holds
15.jpg

16.jpg

I think that is just plain awesome. I usually pull them things off and toss em in a corner somewhere....now just to remember what corner that was??? :D

Great how-to :D

Very cool!
I guess you could make up a license plate graphic sticker and apply that to the front of the holder and they cover with a piece of clear plexiglass too.

Thats an excelent idea! And I have many of those clamps in the parts box's
WOW AWESOME BIKE TOO!

Good idea and a really sharp Monark plate. I especially like the little Schwinn B6 in the lower left corner. :oops: :p Gary

Those were some great ideas, guys – thanks!

B607 said:
Good idea and a really sharp Monark plate. I especially like the little Schwinn B6 in the lower left corner. :oops: :p Gary

Oh man that was like the mayweather knockout punches to ortiz. Just kidding! I bet when you ID that little bike in the corner it just made you smile. Maybe you thought of a one of a kind plate that you want me to do for you!

I used the same reflector brackets to mont my motorcycle running lights to the chrome forks on my Electra Hellbillie and ELectra Rat Fink. 2 inch bolt, 2 flat washers, 1 lock washer and an acorn nut to cap it off. Worked like a charm. I hunted high and low for a bracket as the lights are sold without brackets.

I've never been back to the home page since the first day I got here. To my surprise this thread is there. Awesome!

Latest posts

Back