Howdy from UK

Discussion in 'INTROS' started by Step_On, Dec 29, 2019.

1. Step_On

Step_On

Road a cruiser on holiday, loved it, bought something similar??

Already looking at an Electra cruiser in case I can’t get the pedal forward out of the orange one.

addictive is it!!

https://imgur.com/gallery/Ad72fgi

RustyGold and Dr. Tankenstein like this.
  2. MattiThundrrr

MattiThundrrr

Nice! I'd love to do a build with one of those heavy duti frames

3. us56456712

us56456712

The middle of the Upper Peninsula of Michigan
    Front brakes as required in the UK, or so I have read on this forum? Good idea as a broken chain leaves you helpless. I see homebuilt motorized bicycles with no front brake. Holy wah, talk about a death machine eh!

4. Step_On

Step_On

Schwinn forum - I got a bit carried away - told me it’s a Pacific 2000’a Heavy Duti/y would like to confirm and narrow that down. The frame feels like granite strong, at least with the double cross bar, not smashed it downhill, yet.

The front brake is not compulsory although a recent law suit in bike vs ped suggests otherwise, was me holding my snuggle blanket, don’t want to quite commit to London rush hour traffic with only the pedal back :-D

Yeah loving that run away train of a motorised bike with no back up. Wahhhhhh

Not quite settled on the ride, need a layback seat post to get me pedal forward and more room. Also what sprockets are common front and rear, seems like I’m spinning..

RustyGold likes this.
  5. Dr. Tankenstein

Dr. Tankenstein

Those frames are great for all around biking (in my humble opinion).
    Pacific bought Schwinn out of bankruptcy in 2001, so.....legally it’s a Schwinn

Built mine up with a ‘laidback’ road cycle seatpost to get a little pedal forward position.

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RustyGold likes this.
  6. Step_On

Step_On

Yes that is some honey of a bike right there, the layback seat post is in my wish list. Any tips on size of tube?

Had a little ride around today https://imgur.com/gallery/KMM5ZRq

Do I need to start a thread for sturmey archer advice? Would like to fit a 3 speed coaster hub but am told I must open rear lugs/risk popping the frame welds.

RustyGold likes this.
  7. Dr. Tankenstein

Dr. Tankenstein

A standard SA hub will easily fit. I’m running 2.4” tires also with plenty of room. Got a set of 57mm rims that I gonna to run a SRAM Automatrix on it next....after I strip the red paint off and have my LBS lace it up.

I think the seatpost is a 25.4mm, but not 100% certain.
    A cheap eBay digital caliper is priceless tool, I use mine constantly to get measurements.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RustyGold and sandman like this.
  8. RustyGold

RustyGold

Welcome to RRB!

Sweet HD :thumbsup:

Jason