Huffy Pro Thunder Z2 2 speed

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I haven't really been looking for bikes lately. Between work and my other passions VWs and R/C, I just haven't had much time.
A couple weeks ago I took a break from everything and decided to hit a few thrift stores. I was looking for some storage cabinets.
I walked into my last stop and this met me at the door.
Usually they put the bikes in the back but this was propped up by the register counter,
1981 Huffy Pro Thunder Z2. This thing is clean! the photos are just as I picked it up!
Tires are hard as rocks but everything else is beautiful.
The troxel seat is dated '81
The Dia-compe 1020's are dated'80
Beautiful Arayas .
All of the anodized parts are bright with little scratching.
The gold on the handlebars is very faded and slightly pitted by the neck.

First time Ive ever seen the Shimano 2 speed setup, everything works.
I just cant believe how much of a survivor this is.

dang why can't i find these things
i loved my z2 when i had it but then i traded it for a Schwinn predator and the kid i traded with removed all the gears and put blue mags on it
wish i still had that thing
Sean

Thanks for the positive responses! I have no plans to part it out. It will stay together. It my be looking for a new home soon.

Very cool bike!!! I had one when I was eleven. It was my first BMX bike. It took a real beating but it never broke. I ended up selling it for gas money when I turned sixteen and got a car. I got lucky and found an NOS Z2 still in the box a couple of years ago. It's one of my keepers.

Very cool!
So is that 2 speed on the front and single on the rear? Very different!
yup 2 speed front single speed rear
it was the only bike i know of with this setup other then i think the Murray street machine which was an early mountain bike style
i don't recall another bike with that setup not sure why but i remember throwing the chain quite a bit when you did jumps .which was why i converted to the blue mags
Sean
Luke.

Nice Z2 my friend next door had one BITD

That's what I'm talking about.!!! That thing is gorgeous.!!! For once I would love to find me something like that that I don't need to spend all the money to make it look like the way they did when they rolled out of the LBS.. You my friend scored big time.. Shoot me a price (PM) when you decide to part with it..

IMG_20160229_180538.jpg
IMG_20160302_213413.jpg
IMG_20160229_180634.jpg
IMG_20160229_180634.jpg
Did it look like this?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back