HuffyDesigner

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everybody,

I have been lurking for quite awhile now, drawing tons of inspiration, so I want to say thanks.

My name says it all, I am actually a graphic designer for Huffy Corporation. That's right, I designed some of the bikes you all are cutting up. In particular I've seen my Newport and Cranbrook used a couple of times on here. It's actually fun to see them morph into something else. Seeing all your creations help get my creative juices flowing for my future projects, both work related and personal.

I never took my bikes apart when I was younger, looking back I feel like I missed out on so much. However, I plan on making up for it now and in the future. It's really funny, I put together a cruiser from some parts I found in the model shop to ride around at work before I found this site. I think it fits right in, what do you think?

DSC_7732.jpg

DSC_7736.jpg

DSC_7741.jpg

DSC_7740.jpg

I look forward to learning from you all and showing you my future projects.

-HuffyDesigner

a real life insider huh ?!

Welcome to the best bike forum around !!! Hope you enjoy yourself and maybe show us a thing or three too.

not a bad bike at all :) i like everything but the fork (color), i am a big fan of painted rims and fenderless bikes though

WELCOME.................So when you guys gonna to make a stretch cruiser, for $89? :D

Welcome to the forum ! Interesting seat, it looks like a shoe ? I figured we had some corporate insiders checkin' out what we do ,
judging by what I see in new products the past few years anyhow. Any sneak peeks for us ?

HuffyDesigner said:
My name says it all, I am actually a graphic designer for Huffy Corporation. That's right, I designed some of the bikes you all are cutting up.
Welcome! Cool bike.
So do you design the color scheme and graphics or do you actually design the frame? Please tell us what you can about the "biz". Thanks.

I think Huffy is sometimes unfairly looked down upon but has played an important part in bicycle history and still does today building cheap bikes for the masses or for us who like to chop them up.

Welcome to the forum.

All I rode growing up was Huffy bikes.

Looking forward to hearing more about your design work....looks like you have access to the Huffy photo studio too. :D

Never understood why only one bike has been produced for big people ,When the market has always been there. ...Welcome to the forum and hopefully you will get lots of ideas for future designs . There is an unbelivable ammount of talent here. :wink:

I primarily do colors and graphics, on some occasions I do get to offer some input on frame tweeks.

Rat Rod, you guessed correctly, I actually run the in-house photo studio which comes in handy for some personal photo projects.

As far as insights to the biz go I will gladly answer what I can along the way. I am fairly new to it myself (been at Huffy a little over two years). The biggest thing that I have learned and I am still having trouble swallowing sometimes is that only about 30% of our bikes actually make it to retail. So, for every Huffy bike you see in a store we have designed at least two more that will never see the light of day.

I will also provide some sneek peeks whenever I can. The first I guess would be the fork that is on my cruiser. Our international product manager created it recently, but it is being adopted into out up-coming adult line. So, it will hopefully be available in stores in 2010. I snagged one of the first samples from the back, which is why I haven't repainted it (in case they come out in a panic needing it).

Thanks for the comments and I will try to answer any questions you have.

-HuffyDesigner

Welcome aboard this strange torpedo ride.

The first bike I ever owned as a kid was a Huffy with training wheels. The first time the training wheels came off I broke the chain. Man, that ride was ASKING to be ratted.

WELCOME TO THE COOLEST SITE AROUND, HuffyDesigner, Yeh, it would be great to see some of the bikes that didn't make production... probably some of them would have done well. It would be nice to see a chopper, and a cruiser with something like 3.00'' tires, 24'' or 26'' wheels. Great that you found this site, and decided to stop lurking!

That's a good looking bike you put together. I bet you'll bring some great input to the forums. Looking forward to it.

Hey guys, been awhile since I posted. I've been swamped at work with our newest adult line. These bikes will be shown to retailers and would be available in 2010. I thought I would post one of my latest creations.

Behold the Deluxe (modeling next to it is my dog Guinness)

DSC_9775.jpg

I had to work all last weekend to make sure all the photography was ready for the meeting, so Guinness went in with me on Saturday to keep me company.

DSC_9780.jpg

I will get some more of the photos from the line so you all can cross your fingers too that a retailer will pick some of them up so that you could buy them in the future.

-HuffyDesigner

Latest posts

Back