Hutch

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Picked this up yesterday so my 2nd born kid has something to ride when he comes on summer vacation

IMG00608-20120227-2240.jpg

I don't know much about BMX but I think the only original part is the frame which is stamped Hutch where the rear brake goes.

Is there a serial number list for these?

Better pics tomorrow

As quoted from BMX museum,
"In 1980-81 the Hutch bmx frames had no serial # and the Hutch logo was drilled out of the brake bridge.

Second version(82-83) still had no serial # and the hutch logo was stamped into the brake bridge in western style font.

The last version is similar to the second one but with serial # on the inside left rear dropouts these # are 7digits and are all numerical... the first batch of frames starts w/123 the second one starts w/014 all from the years 83 '84...the last batch before going overseas for production was # that begin w/08xxxxx...

The Japanese version had serial # as well but w/a (baseball logo at the end of the numbers)and the forks are made by TANGE..

the Taiwan version had serial # on the bottom bracket w/ 4 stamped out"

cleaned it up a bit today. can't have a bmx without stickers, so i created a set for it using a diamond plate vinyl to give it that custom look

IMG_2582.jpg

IMG_2581.jpg

IMG_2580.jpg

IMG_2579.jpg

IMG_2578.jpg

axsepul said:
Thanks for the comments. It took me almost 3 hours to make those stickers but I think it was worth it.
Oh yeah! Big improvement. Looks fantastic.

Weep holes behind the bottom bracket on the chain stays + the "M" as the first digit in the S/N. make it a Japanese built "Pro Raider".
Not too up on Hutch serial numbers but I'd guess '85.

Latest posts

Back