I am starting to realize that I have a disease

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This hobby may be turning into something infectious and possibly contagious. :? :? :? :eek:

My dad was at an auction today and got me 10.5 bikes. they probably will fill my storage cup to the brim or over. I am hoping to tear off some of the good things and distribute the rest. Not much in total but there are some parts that I really like. I also hope to sell some of my bikes that I don't want. For now, here are a few pics of each bike and the last few pictures are of the rest of my bikes. I don't mean to show-off but I just want to know If you think this is getting out of hand. :roll: :mrgreen:

side note: it was awesome to come home after a horribly boring school day and see this trailer full of bikes! Best dad in the world! 8) :mrgreen:

the haul.
DSCN9993.jpg

DSCN9995.jpg

DSCN9996.jpg

DSCN9997.jpg

DSCN9998.jpg

DSCN9999.jpg

DSCN0001.jpg

DSCN0002.jpg

DSCN0003.jpg

DSCN0004.jpg

DSCN0005.jpg

DSCN0007.jpg

DSCN0008.jpg

DSCN0010.jpg

DSCN0011.jpg

DSCN0012.jpg

DSCN0013.jpg

DSCN0014.jpg

DSCN0015.jpg

DSCN0016.jpg

DSCN0017.jpg

DSCN0018.jpg

DSCN0019.jpg

DSCN0021.jpg

DSCN0022.jpg

DSCN0023.jpg

DSCN0026.jpg

DSCN0027.jpg

DSCN0028.jpg

DSCN0030.jpg

DSCN0031.jpg

DSCN0032.jpg

DSCN0033.jpg

DSCN0034.jpg

DSCN0035.jpg

DSCN0036.jpg

DSCN0037.jpg

DSCN0039.jpg

DSCN0043.jpg

DSCN0045.jpg

THE REST
DSCN0046.jpg

DSCN0047.jpg

DSCN0048.jpg

DSCN0049.jpg

DSCN0050.jpg

DSCN0051.jpg

DSCN0053.jpg

DSCN0054.jpg

DSCN0055.jpg

DSCN0056.jpg

...phew!

two words.

Wow and WOW !

nice haul, need to find a truckload liek that around here :)

congrats.

and the adiction only gets worse, trust me.

If my job were a little more steady I'd be in the same boat. Got an itch for a radiant blue American, 70's speedster and a stingray.

yup! you got it bad :wink:
good stuff

I would be interested in the girls Schwinn ballooner with the cool badge if you are looking to sell it. Or I would buy just the badge? I have a feeling that is one you want though. Whta is the copper girls schwinn 20 inch that is in the background of one of your pics? Matt

personally In my area the girls bikes sell real good so Id strip and paint them all and recover the seats and sell them all. most of us would like to get a haul like that in a whole year

You can keep your addiction...you just have to learn to curb it. I did. First, I decided not to buy any girls bikes unless one had a part I really needed. Then, the rest of the Betty goes to the scrapper. Try limiting your buying to one brand of bike only. And the hardest part...learn to sell some of your treasure instead of hoarding it. Good luck...you junkie!! :p Gary

Get your friends into it too...start a group in your area. Ride like a mofo. Disprove the experts that say our youth are fat lazy and don't ride bikes. Form an advocacy group for riders and get the city to add more bike lanes. That would look good on a college application, resume or make a nice Eagle Scout Project. There are far more worse things for kids to be doing these days (though it was worse when I was a kid).
Or you can just ride a bike and enjoy it.

looks like POP has a good eye , your lucky too have him on your side lookin out for you !

Now get too work ! :lol:

A.S.BOLTNUT said:
looks like POP has a good eye , your lucky too have him on your side lookin out for you !

Now get too work ! :lol:

My dad regrets it already. Haha

Thxcuz said:
Get your friends into it too...start a group in your area. Ride like a mofo. Disprove the experts that say our youth are fat lazy and don't ride bikes. Form an advocacy group for riders and get the city to add more bike lanes. That would look good on a college application, resume or make a nice Eagle Scout Project. There are far more worse things for kids to be doing these days (though it was worse when I was a kid).
Or you can just ride a bike and enjoy it.

That is an extremely good perspective on this haha. It does seem like a lot of work though because all my current friends are spread out in the Madison Wisconsin area because my college doesn't have dorms, so most people commute from other towns :/ I might work on that idea though :) thanks!

I mainly try to save old bikes from the scrap heap and see what I can do with them. I rarely buy bikes in good condition for top dollar.

Hahahahaha^

MBblue6 said:
I would be interested in the girls Schwinn ballooner with the cool badge if you are looking to sell it. Or I would buy just the badge? I have a feeling that is one you want though. Whta is the copper girls schwinn 20 inch that is in the background of one of your pics? Matt

Yeah, that is the main one that I want to keep. I hope to clean it up a little with some rubbing compound or something. it might look good next to my skiptooth higgins :wink: I am pretty sure I want to keep the headbadge with it too. It says wisco (wisconsin) hardware or something so I thing that belongs here :lol:

The coppertone stingray is a family heirloom sort of. My aunt rode that when she was little. When I pulled it out of my grandmas basement along with some other bikes, she told me to never get rid of them :) . My grandpa used to pull bikes from peoples curbs when they were headed to the trash. There are some good stories that come with those bikes too :D :mrgreen: Thanks for the interest though!!!
-Craig

Gold Street Customs said:
I will take the SS Monte off your hands to make room for more bikes,,,,lol, looks nice, ps whats the green&white banana bike?

That right there is my first custom bike :) hehe. And you can have my car! Not until I get a barracuda that is lol :)

Latest posts

Back