I-Beam racer

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Well I thought that this would fit better to the "other bikes section", because it's made from scratch.
IMG_1022.jpg

Yes. It's pretty much different from the original cad drawings. :mrgreen: I'm in a hurry with this, so I guess there will be pics with the final parts in a week. Paint will be in primer, of course.

http://s7.photobucket.com/albums/y251/FatLarrys/

wow, now thats a heavy wieght, how much does that thing wiegh? :shock: you keepin the nails for the headset ? nice touch even if its just for the pics :D

I'm also very interested of the weight. Not only the weight of frame, but I'm putting a front wheel with a cast iron drum brake, etc... :mrgreen:

I think I may move this to the BIKE GALLERY....it's definitely a rat. :shock:

Still in progress. It needs some detailing.
IMG_1037.jpg

Have to say that I'm pretty proud of my shifter modification. :mrgreen: It's waiting a tiki shitknob though.
IMG_1041.jpg

redhot!

Great use of a twist grip shifter. I've been rackin my brain trying to envision something cool like that.

Thanks for compliments. We'll see how it is as finished.

Sadly I have no in-progress photos. I was too much in a hurry with this project to take pictures. I promised to make it in to the local hot rod show which was held this weekend, and my schedule went a bit tight. :mrgreen:

Now the bike needs only final painting. All the carving is done, and here is some pics:

Head badge is heat processed spruce.
IMG_1049.jpg

This plate is going to be on the rear fork over the rear wheel, and it's made of oak.
IMG_1051.jpg

Shift knob is made of oak, and the shifter is made of brass. Grips are carved from teak.
IMG_1046.jpg

IMG_1047.jpg

Well, this is a very bad pic of the seatpost. I should have taken pics before assembing. The seatpost is solid aluminium, and has again those lightening holes such as the frame has. The real idea behind those holes is that the level of the seat can be adjusted with them. The bolt goes throgh one of the holes, and holds the post in its place. The sleeve in the tube is made of brass.
I guess I'll post some better pics when I disassemble the parts before I paint the final color. Here's the shot anyway
IMG_1044.jpg

WOW!

excellent! i love it! :D

I will be moving this post to the Bike Gallery...that is definitely where this beautiful rat belongs. :D

Latest posts

Back