I-Beam Racer

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, ok. I'm not sure how rat rod this is, because it's very-not-vintage. Though, I'm trying to do it as old style as can be
fillari2.jpg

fillari1.jpg

I decided to put up this own topic, as I started collecting parts for the project today. First I got the saddle.
IMG_0898.jpg

Condition really ain't too good, but I bought it anyway because it's really going to fit the style I'm trying to have. I'm not sure about the brand because the aluminium badge at the back of the saddle is badly worn out. I'm still guessing it's a veleda or something like that. I'm pretty certain of the letters veled, but the last letter misses it's lower corner and the rest of it is a little artistic. Anybody guesses what is this saddle I'm having? :lol:

The handlebar is going to be this
IMG_0900.jpg

It's a cheap market piece, but I liked the shape.

I'll continue the story as I get the wheels.

Sorry to the bearer of bad news, but Ive seen that bike before, built up and riding, just forgot where? If I look I will find the pics of it, from what Ive read its been around for some time :|

ilikebikes said:
Sorry to the bearer of bad news, but Ive seen that bike before, built up and riding, just forgot where? If I look I will find the pics of it, from what Ive read its been around for some time :|

He is making a second one!

Okay, I'm riding a bike with a somewhat similar frame, and I have a great reason to believe that you think this is similar to that. We'll see about their similarity when this is ready :lol:

Have to admit that the project ain't going too fast.. I have almost all the materials, but there's almost -20C in the garage, so I have to wait for a little better weather. Tomorrow I'm going to paint the front hub (drum brake... :wink: ), so I can get the wheels together.

I rejected the bad saddle above, which is going to my other bike. That's why I bought this Lepper today. It's just perfect for this build!
IMG_0915.jpg

IMG_0912.jpg

And these part's came last week from chopperdome:
IMG_0909.jpg

Well, the handlebar has also been rejected from this project. I was all time certain, that this bike needs a drumbrake at front. I found a bike with one, and bought it from local webauction. The picture was a bit messy, but I couls see that there was a frontbrake. As I got it in my hands, I was surprised. Look at the pictures below, and you'll understand why I also HAD to use the whole front in the project. :shock:
IMG_0922.jpg

IMG_0926.jpg

Sorry about the HUGE pics, btw.

And If someone thinks I'm painting tomorrow at -20C....well I don't. :lol: I can do all but welding at our school.

Hi Burt! I didnt want to sound like I was downing you :( if thats the impression you got I am sorry :( I just wanted to mention the fact that there is a bike out there very similiar to the one your building, I would really like to see pics of your progress so far, I dont know if your pics didnt work or maybe I just have to wait for them to load, anyways...please keep as updated your on build :)

No, I didn't get that impression. But hey, I'm still interested of that similar bike though. :wink:

And as you've read above, there is no progress due the weather. I have no interest welding in that cold garage. I'm still just collecting parts... :?

Latest posts

Back