I broke this today...

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
so whats going on with the connection of the bb shell to the frame in that one pic?

Hard to see in the pic.
But the BB cup should be all brown there is about a 16th of a inch with no paint and has a few thousands taking off by the chainring bolt rubbing

You scared me Skip! When I read the title, I thought you broke an arm or leg.:D

WOW! I've seen bikes with stripped chain rings, bent chains or wheels, bent forks, bent handle bars, smashed seats, I've even seen forks split like a banana peel and frames with rust holes all the way through. I have NEVER seen a crank crack like that. EVER!

Just thought of something. Are you the proper size for your bike? Even though you built it. Was it originally designed to hold YOU? Things usually break because of stress on that area.

This frame (1940s Monark) was designed for a 12 year old boy... Not a 6ft tall 200lb grown man. The way I have it set up it does fit.
I find it ironic that one of the two bulletproof things I put on the bike broke. Sold steel seat post is the other (hope to never brake that)

Latest posts

Back