I can't wait till next week!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Body: Kokomo, In... Mind: in the gutter. Soul: in
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Well guys I finally sold my moped and I caved to the temptation that is the Mongoose Beast. Ordered it online and paid for it in the store. Should be here for pickup by the 16th. I can't wait! I got the red one because it was the cheapest one.
Blue one is $198.91
Green is $198.97 and
Red was $173.78 So after tax and all it came to $185.94 I could not resist any longer.

Thats funny I was drooling on one last night. I have a friend in phoenix who found me a sikk ufo for 299.00 brand new so I think I may end up getting one of them instead.

And what's really cool is I found this Matco 3/8 ratchet on my way home laying in the middle of the street. Got to love free tools and you can NEVER have too many ratchets.

Congrats on the Beast and that great Matco ratchet. I've had good luck finding tools on, or in, the road since I was a kid. Found many other great things other than tools through the years as well. Quality chains, chain hooks, Rohn 25 Z antenna tower sections thrown into a creek, hitch pins, box of 12 gauge shotgun shells........

Yeah I have found all kinds of stuff in the road, one time I was driving my old 1966 International 1200 pickup and the car in front of me was carrying a nice bike on a roof rack (Some kind of road bike with skinny tires) and evidently it wasn't secured properly. It came off and went in the ditch. I picked it up and posted a found add on Craigslist and said I got his license number and to drive that car to pick it up. sure enough he came and gave me a $500 reward! :D This time it went INSIDE the car. :lol:

Actually when I spotted this ratchet in the middle of Markland I thought it was a snap on, definitely knew right off it was a good one and not junk, I was riding the bus back from Walmart and spotted it out the window so I got off at the next stop and rode my bike back there and calmly walked my bike across and kicked the ratchet up on the sidewalk then picked it up. (Markland is VERY busy)

According to FedEx it will be in on the 13th! Wal-mart says the 16th so I hope FedEx is right! I can't wait to ride this thing. My little bicycle protege down the street is going to crap his pants when he sees this. I have kept quiet about it as not to ruin the element of surprise.

Very cool. I read where Wally is discontinuing them due to complaints.. but their website shows great reviews. I also read where changing to a 22t rear cog helps a lot.

wheelhorseman said:
Very cool. I read where Wally is discontinuing them due to complaints.. but their website shows great reviews. I also read where changing to a 22t rear cog helps a lot.

I actually have plans to go with a smaller sprocket and alloy cranks up front. Just waiting for my crank puller to come in so I can swap it over. Just ordered it today. :wink: Slowly adding to my tool arsenal. I hope they don't discontinue them, I think with more advertizing and if they actually carried them in the stores they would sell like hot cakes. I had 15 people stop me in an hour wanting to know where to get one and one guy wanted to buy it on the spot!

I was wondering about something. My 6 speed cruiser with road tires pedals much easier than my old 18 speed mtn. bike with fatter lower psi tires. Hows the beast to pedal? Seems like those fat low psi tires would really be a drag. What if you put more air in to harden them up a bit. I have noticed that a single speed beach bike with 2.125s is much harder to pedal than a single speed cruiser with smaller harder tires.

wheelhorseman said:
I was wondering about something. My 6 speed cruiser with road tires pedals much easier than my old 18 speed mtn. bike with fatter lower psi tires. Hows the beast to pedal? Seems like those fat low psi tires would really be a drag. What if you put more air in to harden them up a bit.

With the tires at the stock air pressure from the box (So low it wouldn't register on my gauge I'd guess 5-8 PSI) I rode it and yes it did drag down a bit, I put about 15-20 PSI in them and it rides smooth as ever. Now going up a hill it will drag down like any other single speed bike that weighs 50 lbs. Overall it's not bad at all. With proper air pressure like I have it rides on the center ridge of the tire so it doesn't drag too bad. On tilting ground it does have a slight steering wander to one side or the other but not any worse than any other bike. Putting more air in would harden them up but 15-20PSI is plenty, the sidewall says 30PSI but I have heard that the ride quality suffers when you go that high. It would of coarse be MUCH better with gears but it's not bad even with stock gearing.

I was going upto the library one day. A landrover come and turned off. A Draper expert rachet rolled off the front of the car. Near hit me. I picked it off the busy street. Took it to Police lost property. With a description of the car, where and when. I posted on some forums too. Got the ratchet after 3 months in lost property. :)

Ages ago I found a set of keys, on the keyring, I think it said they were the Police keys, and return them to the Police station for a £10 reward. I was about 100 miles from home, and going away from the Station it mentioned. So I took them to the Police in the next town. Didn't get a reward tho. I left my address. :(

wheelhorseman said:
I was wondering about something. My 6 speed cruiser with road tires pedals much easier than my old 18 speed mtn. bike with fatter lower psi tires. Hows the beast to pedal? Seems like those fat low psi tires would really be a drag. What if you put more air in to harden them up a bit. I have noticed that a single speed beach bike with 2.125s is much harder to pedal than a single speed cruiser with smaller harder tires.

I've been running mine around 12 - 15 psi and ride it daily, with ease. This thing rides as good as or better than pretty much any single speed cruiser I have had in my garage. Mine is completely stock minus the decals. :D My wife tells me it rides better than her comfort cruiser.

So far mine has gotten a bar swap, seat swap, took the reflectors and chain guard off, went from 36 tooth to a 32 tooth gear in front, and from 170mm steel cranks to 175mm aluminum cranks. Rides great!

Latest posts

Back