I D help please.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi I'm new to the forum and trying to get help with a bike that I just acquired. I'm pretty sure its a Stelber. Any help would be really appreciated.
20171208_200758.jpg
20171208_201308.jpg
1512965632945997005186.jpg

Welcome to the forum, kid! It is indeed a Stelber and, whatever you're thinking, that one is in astonishingly good condition. You can do your own homework on Stelber history online--info is not hard to find.

Is the bike uncommon? You bet it is, but not because they made few of them. Don't take it personal but they are among some of the most cheaply constructed bicycles produced and, consequently, few survive. So, to have a nice one like yours makes it a gemstone...a cubic zirconia, but a gemstone nonetheless. The fact that the tank and chainguard remain undisturbed is an added bonus.

The pedals are not original to the bike and I doubt the high rise bars are, either. These bikes typically came with a matching rear rack installed.

Welcome to the forum, kid! It is indeed a Stelber and, whatever you're thinking, that one is in astonishingly good condition. You can do your own homework on Stelber history online--info is not hard to find.

Is the bike uncommon? You bet it is, but not because they made few of them. Don't take it personal but they are among some of the most cheaply constructed bicycles produced and, consequently, few survive. So, to have a nice one like yours makes it a gemstone...a cubic zirconia, but a gemstone nonetheless. The fact that the tank and chainguard remain undisturbed is an added bonus.

The pedals are not original to the bike and I doubt the high rise bars are, either. These bikes typically came with a matching rear rack installed.

Thank you very much for the welcome and the help. Yeah I have done a little research and most say that as well. Many didn't survive because of the low quality. I've been trying to figure out the year but no luck. I'm guessing 70's but I could be way off.
I also received an old Sears bike with this, I'll post some pics of that. Thanks again. Looking forward to my time here.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back