I guess I better introduce myself already!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

Hi everybody!

I've been posting replies and whatnot, but I suppose I should finally jump on the ol' podium and finally introduce myself..

My name's Amber, and I'm a bikeaholic... I'm 25 years old, live in Vancouver BC and run a small portrait photography business in my day life.

At night I can often be found riding either my '65 Schwinn Hollywood, my '84 CCM Cheetah muscle bike, or my new school flat black Electra Betty.

I originally got into bikes when my Dad got me my first bike. It was totally rugged, had a black banana seat, a maroon frame and apehangers. I remember sitting on it and fantasizing that it was some wicked-bad chopper motorcycle. I used to give the other kids rides on it, with them on the back like they were my seat candy. LOL!

I'm loving this forum so far.... lots of talented builders, and SO much inspiration to be had! I think you guys have made my obsession even worse!

(oh yes... and apparently I'm your first lady-rat rodder! Yay!) :mrgreen:

hey amber

Welcome 2 like the coolest Bike site on the net. I been here for like a week I LOVE IT, Its made my addiction worse also haha. Hope 2 see ur bikes soon!

welcome aboard

Ahwsome!, another bike lover and photographer !, Ive shot fotos for awhile now and the love of cool bikes makes for a great tie in of the two heres a few shots of mine :

this is my desktop background
old.jpg

this one titled: SOCIAL GATHERING
socialgathering2.jpg

titled: GRUMPY OLD MAN
IMG_0013.jpg

LATER 8)

Thanks for all the kind welcomes everybody! I love how friendly this board is!

outsider13: Nice to see a fellow lover of the lens on here. I always love how moody older stlye bikes look in b/w.... nice pics! I like #1 in particular.... very nice light. Hope to see more of your stuff in my travels around the forum! :D

yeah yeah!

hey welcome! i love it here im sure you will to. my dads huge into shoting things (with his cannon) haha hes a photographer. hope to see some of your bikes on here!

Well it's nice to have you!

My sister and I found a Nikon camera w/ 2 lens, the case, the flash attachment...at the DUMP! and IT WORKS! We ebayed it at $250. My lil sister has taken some great pictures. Keep yours coming!

Now? lol! I think I've been one of you longer than I realized... looking around I'm finding a lot of the mods and extras I see on here are to my taste. I've never been big into vintage restos (although I totally respect it when I see it) and I'm not a crazy bike fab person either. I just love making my bikes look mean with what I can cobble together... which seems to be the sentiment around here... and I love it! :D

Just thought y'all might be curious what your 'first lady of rats' looks like... unfortunately, I don't have a pic with my bike, but you get the idea... :D

Me.jpg

Clothespin "n" said:
wiating for the Water Taxi?

Nope... but a good guess! That was down on a floating dock over near coal harbor area.... we had just ridden all day in New West, hauled all the way back into Van to catch the sunset at Siwash rock, and decided to stop there for a much needed beer break!

Nashira said:

I was thinking about this the other day but sorry you wernt the first woman there was another lady way back at the beginning Mallard44 Peg was her name I think. no idea what happened to her
but welcome and we need more! my fiancee is leaning towards liking these bikes.... at first she was like umm ok and now she sez those bikes are kinda silly but now she likes them now I gotta get her to build one!

Hooch said:
Nashira said:

I was thinking about this the other day but sorry you wernt the first woman there was another lady way back at the beginning Mallard44 Peg was her name I think. no idea what happened to her
but welcome and we need more! my fiancee is leaning towards liking these bikes.... at first she was like umm ok and now she sez those bikes are kinda silly but now she likes them now I gotta get her to build one!

You are right Hooch....Peg was the first....and she even bought a shirt! She had mentioned having some health issues, arthritis or something so she may still be having a lot of trouble.

Regardless....good to have you here Nashira!

Rat Rod said:
Hooch said:
Nashira said:

You are right Hooch....Peg was the first....and she even bought a shirt! She had mentioned having some health issues, arthritis or something so she may still be having a lot of trouble.

Regardless....good to have you here Nashira!

Somehow I totally missed this part of my intro post!

I'm not the first lady rat rodder!! *Cry!* :( :(

Heheheh... just kidding... I was kinda surprised when Kev told me that, so it makes sense that there would be at least another girl out there into these bikes!

Happy to be on board, and to be lady number two at the very least. :mrgreen:

Latest posts

Back