I had a dream-renamed Devils Dream

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I used one of the original braces. Cut off most of the arm and welded the top and bottom of it to a piece of tubing. Then found some lamp finials for the top. Hopefully that explains it.

Changed my mind on the tanks texture. After hitting it with a coat of primer I was not liking so rough. Ended iup cleaning it up with some bondo to smooth it out. Mounted the two halves together with some constructiuon adhesive and it is drying up now. Had a brain fart and instead of putting the seam down the middle I placed it off to one side so the top tube does not hide it and I will have to deal with it. Also have some work around the channel the original top tube goes through I need to do something with. Here are some picts.

As my fellow Fla. rat rodders know we seem to have skipped over spring here and are in summer time heat mode already so have been avoiding the shop and bike building. But decided to do alittle work today.
Did some bondo work getting the tank to blend into the frame better. Did a little more welding on the front fork drop out to make sure I would not have ant problems. And added some texture to it.
Not sure how simple I want to keep this one. Maybe a head light and chain guard then just some paint??? Any suggestions is always welcome.
Here are a few views:

It was 3 steps forward one step back today.
Added some more decoration in the form of tank strapes and a gas cap.
Created a braket for the headlight. Thinking I may wrap it with some wire to give it some more texture.
Going to trty and sell it when finished so added some lenght to the seat post just in case the buyer has long legs.
Wanted the kick stand to be at the back of the bike so tried to create a bracket that I could mount it to and also mount a cool old car tail light I have. Couple of problems arose. Could not get it back far enough to avoid hitting it with the heal of my foot and avoid the area were the brake bracket will be. And the light was 1/2 hidden behind the rear stay. Going to have to try something else.
Some pics:

As it sits rightr now:

Since I have renamed the bike Devils Dream I decided it needed a devils tail.
Layed out on back of fender:

Cut out:

Wife called for dinner so filing.sanding and welding up the holes will have to wait for now.

Tail filed/sanded and some bondo work.

Next I need to add some texture to the headlight and try and figure out wiring for it. Seems to have all the internal parts but have never delt with one of these before. Any help would be appreciated.

with the lenght of the fork and with those fork ends i think i would look really good if you would bend the fork forwards!! :) good job with the tank so far!

with the lenght of the fork and with those fork ends i think i would look really good if you would bend the fork forwards!! :) good job with the tank so far!
I started this build with the intent of selling the bike when finished so wanted to make sure it was easy to ride. I could curve them a little more and still have good handling but i like the more chopper look of them. Thanks for the input though.

Been cruising the latest Build Off posts and have been impressed with what is happening. Compared to Jasper87's MotoDromo, Renaissance Man's Drag King, and Leghorn's Rust Master to name just a few, this thing I am working on lacks pizzaz. Think it is time to brake out the cutting tool and grinder if I am ever going to have the motivation to finish it.
Stay tuned.

No real idea what I am trying to accomplish outside of making it a little different than the average bike.
Going to wing it one step at a time. So far here is where I am at. No welding yet.
Point of no return:

As it sits:

Have not been very motivated lately to work on this or any other creative project but with al the great building going on with the muscle bikes thought I would try something. First idea for the new back end looked like a hack job so decided to keep it simple and just extend and flip rear stays. Will probably boob the rear fender so the tail I cut into it is more visible. Here is how it is sitting at the moment. Starting to have a bobber feel.

Latest posts

Back