i have made the switch to the dark side!!!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
i snagged this 80s Diamond Back BMX from my neighbor this past weekend. dont really know too much about it other than its FREAKING SWEET!!!! lol :lol: its got a tange fork, mag lite front wheel, back is a junk wheel. tuff neck stem, dia compe brakes, oiginal huge knobbie tires, HWA FONG is what it says on the sidewalls

i had been eyeballin this bike for the longest time, its been sittin in his garage just collecting dust. i repeatedly asked him about buying it but he always said its his dads and he cant sell it. well i asked his dad how much he wanted for it and he said that its not his, its his sons!!! well i knew that it was pretty much mine then! so i asked the boy what he wanted for it, we talked back and forth about it, and the deal was i traded him a 26inch schwinn hollywood that i had $5 in, and two old bowling balls that i have had forever!!! possibly the best trade ive made in a while.

one question though, the tange fork looks to be a little on the thin side. not like most other BMX forks ive seen, my question is, if i ride this thing, and do any jumping, will that fork hold my fat butt?! :shock: i think if i decide to make this a daily rider, ill take the mags off my huffy and put the double walls back on it....

hope you all enjoy, any info regarding the year of it or if the fork is original to the bike. thanks!!!

Easy E
100_1289.jpg

100_1290.jpg

100_1291.jpg

100_1292.jpg

100_1293.jpg

100_1294.jpg

possible donor of wheels...
100_1295.jpg

lol thats exactly why i wanted this bike!!! i couldnt help but want one after seeing all the cool ones on here.

my dream vintage bmx bike, rampar r10, the combo of looptail frame and a gusset, too sexy too handle!!!

http://kansascity.craigslist.org/bik/1190517342.html
to buy or not to buy.... like i need another bike....

Easy E

im not fully makin the switch, its tempting too, but the vintage bmx stuff gets a little pricey for my blood. my bikes are low budget for a reason!!!

(cuz the wife controls the checking account.... :oops: :roll: )

Easy E

who here doesn't love ol skool bmx, I'm sure most of us have 5-10 old bmx bikes, or maybe thats just me... rad bmx

cody-james said:
who here doesn't love ol skool bmx, I'm sure most of us have 5-10 old bmx bikes, or maybe thats just me... rad bmx
Don't have 'em, don't want 'em, can't use em, but I still appreciate the build qualities of good ones.(And snatch the cool parts from trashed ones.) 8)

Latest posts

Back