i need decals!!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok idk where to turn on this so i figured someone here can help me. im cloning a bike i built last year and then foolishly sold, so i need to get decals made for it. its an '82 Varsity, and ive never seen this decal on any other year varsity, so id need just the two top tube decals. this is a pic of a rougher one i found on google, but its the only good one i got. hopefully someone can help. :)
varsity.jpg

I just bought some 82 Schwinn Sidewinder decals on Ebay. Probably your best bet. Also check with Memory Lane Classics.

You could also check with a local sign/vinyl shop. Most can custom cut just about anything, though it probably won't be the cheapest route.

curry.style said:
You could also check with a local sign/vinyl shop. Most can custom cut just about anything, though it probably won't be the cheapest route.

I agree Curry... Your local vinyl guy can do that pretty easily. I have a guy here locally that does it as a side job and has done all kinds of little jobs for me. And he is pretty cheap :D

thanks guys! so either ebay or my local vinyl shop? :D

hey stretch, in these parts, i head to the "sticker dude" (vinyl lettering)

For something like that, he'd charge me $5-7 (canadian) and could probably make the image from the photo supplied above.

not to mention, usually ready in 1 hour. :lol:

ahh sweet. soak em in soapy water, and wet the surface with soapy water, get em in place, ahh its crooked! *move it over and watch it shread into millions of pieces* *spend the next half hour splicing it back together* :lol: good times.

stretch said:
ahh sweet. soak em in soapy water, and wet the surface with soapy water, get em in place, ahh its crooked! *move it over and watch it shread into millions of pieces* *spend the next half hour splicing it back together* :lol: good times.
LOL! they're usually not that bad! 3M has a tool that you put in a drill. It's made of several round rubber discs, and it's used in auto body to remove pinstripes and decals. I bet it'd work on removing bike decals too. -Adam

yeah. i used to be a regular on scaleautomags.com/forum and a sticky in their how-to was how to apply decals. it explained from vintage, dried out, yellowed waterslides to new-fangled, diy vinyl. they said soapy water, cuz its thicker and holds the decal better.

Have not used it on a bike yet but have used it on art projects is a material called "Inkjet waterslide decal paper"
It is a clear based material you can put through an inkjet printer to make your own decals.
Once the ink dries they tell you to coat it with 3 coats of Krylon Acrylic clear high gloss spray. Let dry for an hour then apply using the water method.
May try it on the next build but if any one uses it before then let us know.

DSC07540.jpg

I have my skateboardgraphics printed at the printshop for a few euros.
You could cover the print with a second layer of translucent foil for protection.
Have to make me some decals sometime.
storm_skateboard.jpg

Latest posts

Back