I promise I won't wear a skirt...

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bicycles are like cars, all the good ones were built before 1973. I love all the old bicycles and tend to pick them up when I see them at garage sales and such. I now have a garage filled with bicycles..(somewhere between 30 and 40), and not one is fully functional. SO, I've started a build so I'll have a sweet summer ride. I started with no tools and almost zero mechanical know how, but I want to learn and do it by myself. I bought metric wrenches today from Ace and a chain removal tool from kmart. I know, those are the best places for tools...;). I've decided on a 24" corvette frame and I'm trying to stick 26" wheels in there. I think it will work if the tires were trued except I need to remove the bar that the back fender would screw into. Any ideas? I had 20 or so whacks at it with a chisel and a big hammer, but nothing. A torch would prolly be the thing, but what else could I try?

I don't wear skirts and I don't mind being greasy.
Amy

Welcome...aint nothing wrong with skirts, just sayin':p

My go to tool would be an angle grinder with a cut off wheel or a reciprocating saw. If you are afraid of power tools then a hacksaw would do the job as well.

once you remove that bar, you'll need to relocate it. The back end will flex without it. You could have another one welded in a local service station perhaps.

Go for it. If it ends up flexing, find a cool looking wrench or other metal doodad and bolt it on as a stylistic addition.
Welcome to RRB

A girl on here that actually like bikes?!?!? Whaaa? :eek: Welcome from Michigan!

You can wear a skirt if you want. All creative human-beings who like toi ride and make bikes will prosper here on this website. I'm new myself...
Post some of your current cool bike stuff in the gallery under
forums to fire us up......

Latest posts

Back