I promise I won't wear a skirt...

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Welcome to the board.. Good to see that we have a female aboard and don't mine getting her hands dirty.. look forward to checking out your project(s)..

Not sure if you tried it, but my girlfriend put 26 inch wheels on a 24 inch Schwinn frame and they fit if you just deflate the back tire first

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome to the madness!

Laurie

Welcome!

Just getting started, I would recommend a dremel. Good for cutting and polishing. Noisy and sparks flying. Get the one with a bunch of accessories.

Does your front wheel fit the 24" forks?

maybe we should tie her to a chair, prop her eyelids open with toothpicks and make her look at rat bikes t'll she's converted.

I can dig it! She has a huffy with a tanklight, but seems she hates them otherwise.

And like idiotboy said, I've had 26 inch tires ans rims fit a 24 inch frame, just by deflating the tire to squeeze it on, then bam, its on there. I've always had to keep some kind of support on there because of my size (6'3/300lbs), but with you being so light, I don't see any reason you couldn't go without it!

I bought this as just a frame, it's been painted (yuck) and I think it's been outside for years, so I'll have to figurre out how to replace/fix everything. This pic shows the 26" wheels, I just put them on to see if they would fit. I had to dremel off the rear fender bar, but I think it will work. I'll post updates as I go.

It looks like it has a 26" forks on it though. This is a 24" frame with a 26" forks on it. The rear wheel I will use that I have mocked up there is a 24" x 3.0" Kenda Flame tire.
XL StingRay mock up 5.jpg

Latest posts

Back