I shall call him wilfrid the klunker(action video)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: I shall call him wilfrid the klunker (more weaving)

a hard
day at work, happy b-day son Jats!!!!!!!!!!

19 and a college student!!! good job :D

Re: I shall call him wilfrid the klunker (19)

got around to changing the crank arms today

The 44 outer ring that was on the bike was really low geared so thought I would try out the 52 tooth for fun! Will be ordering the larger tires this coming week 2.125 instead of 1.95! should give this bike a nice hieght and grip!!!

this is the sign on the paint booth! like I said not sure whats up she wants no help etc. thought she was just clear coating but she won't show me what she bought??? today watched her bend her first support truss rods and they look good!!! Go Momma Jats :D

still need to raise my front derailer :D

Troy

Re: I shall call him wilfrid the klunker (progress)

HAPPY 4th

a jingle dancer from a local pow wow

Finally at home after 4 days at work heading in to town to help with tonights festivities will be back on Wilfrid tomorrow!! have 2 mandatory days off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! seems I worked the max hours in the last 4 days :D :D Momma jats frame is out of paint and it looks the same she wont tell me what she did and I can tell paint was sprayed do to the light aroma comingfrom all the parts??? :? :?

its been in the 3 digits since the pow wow with our highwst at 107 :D

Troy

so the new crank arms threw the gearing alignment off by 1 full cog so shimmed it over to the right location today then had to get out of the Lauries way. Learned the hard way to not get close to her bike twice i tried to help, twice I bled :!: and when I tried to get close a 10" cresent wrench fell off the bench onto my foot :roll:

Heres some pics from today

Took him out for a test ride and love the gearing on it now! the 24 inch rims make the 52 tooth outer ring feel like a 44 and the MTB rear cluster makes this thing easy to pedal on and off road it dose not have the Trials ring for grunting up hills but it does have a portage strap :D the shorter 165 cranks added an inch to the pedal clearance and the 2.125 tires will get the rest of the pedal hieght that I need, the head light survived several curb drops and going down some stairs to so am real pleased with that :D :D :lol: :lol:

Troy

Oh, it does not feel like a satin finish :?

bruce said:
so cool that you're taking the rideability so seriously.
thanks man

the last test ride then on to the trailer!!!! oh and the new tires also

down a couple of easy steps

a heavy front end bunny hop

and the last practice power slide before the big show

Momma jats is very happy today :!: she finished? her bike? not sure what the paint booth decoy was about though :?:

and here is why she's so happy!!!!!! Good job Laurie :D :D :wink: 8) 8) 8)

will be back home in a few days and will start on the trailer :D

Troy

Re: I shall call him wilfrid the klunker (last test ride)

That's awesome!! You guys sound like some cool old hippies, need a steal-your-face on that thing :D I got to try that jute like that.

thanks guys, and yes it is awsome to ride!!!!!!!!!!! Luke

This photo comp is going to fun to see. Your practice shots are looking good but you need to add your fire suit and an inferno in the background! :eek:
IMG_0847_zpscd19d2f7.jpg

The Renaissance Man said:
This photo comp is going to fun to see. Your practice shots are looking good but you need to add your fire suit and an inferno in the background! :eek:
IMG_0847_zpscd19d2f7.jpg
lol will see what I can do!!!!!

Troy

You should have some Skynyrd for a ride video
Down South Jutin
:arrow: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-z1Zvbz850E

It is gonna be fun seeing all the power slides.
I love this photo. It's like your throwing a gauntlet to the other Klunkers, and saying
EAT MY DUST!

IMG_0848_zps91660403.jpg

kingfish254 said:
You should have some Skynyrd for a ride video
Down South Jutin
:arrow: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-z1Zvbz850E

It is gonna be fun seeing all the power slides.
I love this photo. It's like your throwing a gauntlet to the other Klunkers, and saying
EAT MY DUST!

IMG_0848_zps91660403.jpg
Man now you will have to clean it up after all that dust.... hahaha :mrgreen:

got home late today and it was 100 degrees! so did not get much done on the trailer. Removed the sides and deck back to the platform that I built underneath, it was still solid and showed no signs of rot ETC. when I did the trailer originally it was a kid hauler and could even carry a 100 pound hay bale. since it will be used for shopping etc. I kept the sub frame the same. will slat it tomorrow and work on the side rails

also hope to be able to get the handle bar bag done for Wilfrid!!

Troy

Re: I shall call him wilfrid the klunker (trailer)

oh this is the trailer I towed from Redmond OR. to Florance, up to Lincoln city, down to Salem then back to Redmond on a summer ride Laurie and I took. at that time it was a factory Burley with the Yellow canvas etc. It even hauled the kids till they got to big and I Modified it so I could haul them around some more!!!

Troy

Re: I shall call him wilfrid the klunker (trailer)

but seriously hows the paint booth/bathroom looking these days...:)

Latest posts

Back