I shall call him wilfrid the klunker(action video)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: I shall call him wilfrid the klunker

jats said:
OctopusHook said:
Im in Portland. I do get out on that side of the state at least a couple times a year for camping though. Are you in Bend?
terrebonne right next to smith rock. that picture is on horse trail. we are about 20 miles north of bend

Troy

Yeah i know the place. So thats the Crooked in the background then? Well we should go clunking when you get Wilford done. Oh and dont go spook'n any horses out there you know they own all the trails right? :wink:

I have no idea what is going on in your build, but I kinda like it!

sound like a great day clunkin on smith rock and ya the horses have the right away!

erichitscar said:
I have no idea what is going on in your build, but I kinda like it!
its simple, run in tight little circles and yell a lot! :lol:

worked on m fork project today and taught Momma Jats how to use a saws all, will get some pics in a couple days when I finish the shock mounts.

Troy

jats said:
got a little done today built the eyelets fro the springer front end hope to get the rest done tomorrow

oh and do not underestimate those cut off cantilever posts!!!

these are just ruff ground will file them tomorrow and float any voids with solder to smooth them out. picked up some scrap metal today for the brackets and pivot arms
troy

Hahahaha......"what IS that smell?????"

Looks like it's the Jats versus the Macs in the husband and wife sub build off. :mrgreen:

Thank you for my parts pile!!!!!

Oh and we need to decide on music we both like.... :lol:

:p Just kidding!

Love ya

kingfish254 said:
Looks like it's the Jats versus the Macs in the husband and wife sub build off. :mrgreen:
great idea will propose it to them!! Hey are there any other husband wife builders out there that want to join in?

Troy

Laurie Thom said:
Thank you for my parts pile!!!!!

Oh and we need to decide on music we both like.... :lol:

:p Just kidding!

Love ya
woah not that pile I meant this pile! :lol:

and of course we can always agree on the Grateful dead so don't sweat it! I have at least 4 hours of playlists for us to listen 2 :lol:

oh well a touch of gray, kind of suits us any way, and that is all I have to say, cause its all right!

finished the fabrication on the front end today! still need to roundoff some parts do the clean up etc. you know paint things

the bars are 4130 cro-mo and that is a mongoose gooseneck not sure if I will keep the gooseneck yet but the bars came off my King sting and I road them for 15 years, could not part with them.

Troy

ChrisMac said:
kingfish254 said:

I'm up for a sub build off
what ya wanna call it? couples only?

Re: I shall call him wilfrid the klunker ( springer done)

Have you put your weight to that fork yet to test it out? Gotta say its looking pretty sweet. :D

OctopusHook said:
Have you put your weight to that fork yet to test it out? Gotta say its looking pretty sweet. :D
bounced up and down on it with the front wheel only the action was smooth and stable, when I dropped my meager 250 pounds on it it flexed about about 1 inch a little stiffer then my MTB but should be ok. can't wait to ride it on a trail!!

Troy

jats said:
OctopusHook said:
bounced up and down on it with the front wheel only the action was smooth and stable, when I dropped my meager 250 pounds on it it flexed about about 1 inch a little stiffer then my MTB but should be ok. can't wait to ride it on a trail!!

Troy

I suppose you could move the bottom mounting points of the two forks further apart to make the the suspension softer if you need to.

jats said:
finished the fabrication on the front end today! still need to roundoff some parts do the clean up etc. you know paint things

Troy
Looks like 1/4 20 bolts there? I'd go bigger on those, 5/16 or 7/16 or grade 8.

Looking good other wise

the 1/4 inch bolts are just to hold it together plan on using grade 8 bolt with bronzalite bushings on both pivot points the welded eyes are actually 3/8 holes and it should fit together nicely. figured would do the bushings etc at final assembly.

Troy

Latest posts

Back