"I Think I Smell a Rat" by the White Stripes

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
your girlfriend must of got you something else for your Bday. The bike looks great. I agree the fender needs to lose a little metal.

the rear fender might balance out the Front Forks....
....specially if you pull of that add on strut you where talking
about to match the Indian Motorbike.

I like the Fat Rear on the bike....maybe Painted in Cream.

just my 2 cents( 1 3/4 cents Canadian )
Kev.

If you want a killer cafe racer look, you want the fender to extend no more than 4 inches or so beyond the back of the seat. Mount a cool, low profile light on the fender. You could make the struts vertical so they're where the rear shock on a motorbike would be. That would be cool to the max.

Edit: your bike looks amazing by the way, probably my favorite so far. (besides mine :D)

changed my mind on the colors here is a tease :)
bars.jpg

frame is in primer but unfortunately the weather isn't holding so I will get it wet sanded and be ready for Tuesday when the temps come back
I am waiting for my stencil kit also... time to relax from it I think.... stand back and re look at it next week :) got a few more ideas lurking in my head

Nice man i love this bike, i like the red bars, and the seat looks good like that, im gonna try that with my bike, some 1 teach me? Thanks.

started cleaning the headbadge :)
never seen another one like it
badge.jpg

Maurice J Frank "The Cycle Man"
man my new camera rocks on the closeups!
My old one was at best buy under warranty.. supposed to be 2-3 weeks 8 weeks later it came in and didnt work. so i got kinda huffy with them they so the swapped me. my old camera cost 450 almost 4 years ago so this one is a ton better camera and I got 200 in store credit to boot!

I can't wait to see this paint. Looking good. Are you going to do the springer fork mod?

cman said:
I can't wait to see this paint. Looking good. Are you going to do the springer fork mod?
I am still trying to locate springer pivots from a murray springer if I have to I might just make some or have it as a faux springer . I found a trailer 3 leaf spring thats 18" eye to eye so cut off I will have about 10" out front
so time will tell :)
cbeb_1_b.JPG

The paint looks amazing. That is great you are mimicking the old paint job.

I am excited to see this fork come together.

Thanks guys
its far from perfect but its a rat :)
I got the stencil kit from this guy on ebay
http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZoldstu ... dogQQhtZ-1
i think baby blue striping should set it off perfect :)
I love how all the old schwinns are 2 toned like this and I think it would be neat to do it to even more modern framed bikes to give them the vintage feel

I so want to start putting it back together but I need to wait and finish the other parts of it so i dont scratch it lol

if some of you remember the story on how I found this bike in my rats nest post well sadly today I found out today that the man who gave me this bicycle ... his wife passed yesterday :( I only met her once when she brought me a hot cocoa that cold winter day she was so nice and friendly so from now on this bike will be named after her "Rosemary"

Latest posts

Back