"I Think I Smell a Rat" by the White Stripes

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
cman said:
Hooch that is beautiful. And so simple. Please post detailed pics of all points. From what I see, building this from scratch might not be to hard. The bottom pivot looks to be the most crucial.

Clancy
the bottom pivot and the truss rod is from a murray springer very common like on poppawheelies RRBBO bike they are the cheapest used springers you can find mine was 9.99 on ebay they were common on murray, sears, higgins bikes of the late 50s early 60s I considered using the original main forq from the murray but its not wide enuff at the top to bolt a plate to hold the spring but something could be welded to it then the spring bolted to it which I am going to do with the left over pieces then I can play with the design and see which I like best :)

welcome to "flip flop bikes" Oh I mean Rat Rod bikes.

Rat Rod please help ...I am going out of my flippin mind.

P3090077.jpg

Love it Hooch. I have been thinking of leaf spring for a while.

Keep up the great work, that thing is flippin awesome.

the forq is done! i decided against pant and just scotchbrighted the shine off the chrome so it looks similar to the truss and rockers :)
i will be looking for a lighter spring and with less arch but this will be good nuff for now :)
P3100102.jpg

P3100103.jpg

I will set down in the next few days and make a detailed list in the how to section on how I made it all work

I tell ya I have built many many bikes and when i took this out in the sun today never have I had one that just looked like I wanted it to til this one lol
I have a few other things planned but the more I look at it I think i just need to hang the chain and call her done!
and kev there is now way I can come up with the creative things you have done... dont have the skilz tools or know how I just use what I got and it werked this time :)

Hooch said:
I tell ya I have built many many bikes and when i took this out in the sun today never have I had one that just looked like I wanted it to til this one lol
I have a few other things planned but the more I look at it I think i just need to hang the chain and call her done!
and kev there is now way I can come up with the creative things you have done... dont have the skilz tools or know how I just use what I got and it werked this time :)

take that back Hooch..!!!!
your bike is beautiful...and that springer is as creative as it gets!
never mind the rest of the build!

The fork is great and as well as the rest of the bike. You have given me inspiration to try that on a triple tree I have.

added my light today and put on the chain and adjusted the shifter
and took for a little cruise... sadly I will have to change the seat or do 1000 squats a day to get my knees to bend that far lol
but my stepson took it around the block!
light.jpg

Dude i love ur bike! i took mine through the mud today after i fixed the crank im like 2 miles from home and i blew the berrings in my pedal.. I need 2 get a new pair of pedals now.. Darn it. I Posted pics of it after i went mudding check them out

Latest posts

Back