I wouldn't mind finding this...

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Craigslist UK said:
vintage jap v twin motorcycle, unfortunately this is all i know about this bike as i inherited from my late father.
My initial wish was to restore the bike and ride it but due to a lack of knowledge and funds i have been forced to sell.
unfortunately i cannot find any numbers on the frame, but there are numbers stamped on the non clutch side of the engine casings, these numbers are 44970 with j.a.p patent stamped underneath.

attachment.php

Wow, that is vintage! A lot of people think JAP were Asian motorcycles, but they are very British. "JAP" were the initials of the company owner, J.A. Prestwich. They developed the first overhead valve motorcycles in the world.

$2500 seems like a fair price for a bike that early. I'm guessing it's from the teens/early 20's

that is super duper cool. someone who is a good machinist needs to do a briggs twin with two 5 hp cylinders

karfer67 said:
that is super duper cool. someone who is a good machinist needs to do a briggs twin with two 5 hp cylinders
been done im pretty sure 8) itd be so awsome for a boardtracker

beau you are right briggs makes that one but it is huge. would need a fabbed frame for sure

Hey , When your serious, I can show you how to Mfg the crankshaft 4 it . We could do it 2 ways, side by side on the jorfnal or if ya prefer we could do the old slave & master routine like the harleys or like the aircraft radials were done .....What degree would ya make the V ????

Latest posts

Back