iDood's Board Track Racer...

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Chris Stapley said:
I know many, many excellent stripers likely in your area too if you need some advise when looking for an artist.
Chris...I had many of the same questions...but he was recommended by an art place. I don't know what I don't know when it comes to pinstripes and graphics. Maybe I need a new person. I'm in Houston...you have any recommendations?

sick build bummer about the paint. wonder if you put the paint over the primer too fast or recoated too fast so it did not stick well. iduno i would say do it right and redo the whole tank sensor would be a good one to ask on this one

I'd say it's a blessing that it happened now. If it isn't sticking now, once you spill gas on it, it would have been a LOT worse.

Sorry to see this happen to you. VERY sweet build! You should have it moved to the motor bike section!

If it makes sense for it to be there, please feel free to move it. I guess I missed that section when I began...sorry 'bout that.

It wasn't that you missed it , I just talked to Steve and figured that everybody that was building bikes with motors would like to have their own section . That way the ones building could compare and share ideas with each other without having to jump around the regular bike builds. I hope this works out like I'm thinking. Everybody interested will be able to find motorized builds easier. :wink:

Sorry about your paint set back. I'm experiencing my own little series of set backs as well. It will all work out. Our bikes are cousins to each other you know. I liked yours so much I needed to make my own. Still having fun!

I thought I'd update this thread with the progress...

I took the tank to my workshop to sand it down and repaint it. None of that has happened yet.

After Friday I am off until January! All the projects that are stacking up will finally get attention...like re-grouting the shower, building some birdhouses for friends (I build birdhouses to relieve stress...$20 worth of wood is worth $2,000 of therapy), cleaning my garage, cleaning my office, building a couple of medicine cabinets, building some picture frames, and...repainting my tank!

Anyone need a birdhouse? hahahaha

(I don't remember having this much stuff to do when I was younger...or maybe there was more time in the day then?)

beautiful work, thanks for showing all the steps you went through! You are a methodical credit to our sport/hobby! :lol:

cruiserjoe said:
beautiful work, thanks for showing all the steps you went through! You are a methodical credit to our sport/hobby! :lol:

Looks killer! By the way, if you still want to do that EZ Motors uild, I can sell you a NEW one at a killer price! Or swap?

Your whole bike rocks but the oil pump is really clever. The pump looks similar to the superchargers used on the early Bentleys and Bugatis.

Latest posts

Back