I'll have mine Scrambled

Discussion in 'CLASS 2 - WINTER BUILD JOURNALS 2019' started by GuitarlCarl, Nov 8, 2019.

1. GuitarlCarl

GuitarlCarl

With entry one waiting on parts and my garage fairly sorted out, let's build another bike. Schwinn Scrambler early eighties, I've got the correct fork... But no other original parts... I've had this bike rolling before but as you can see, not at the moment. This one gets painted so we'll see what happens.[​IMG]

Sent from across the universe using Tapatalk

Klunkruiser and RustyGold like this.
  2. GuitarlCarl

GuitarlCarl

Mock one[​IMG][​IMG]

3. MattiThundrrr

MattiThundrrr

How many of those mags do you have laying around? They're pretty sweet looking. Heavy?

4. GuitarlCarl

GuitarlCarl

2 pair. Mongoose mags, some kinda alloy, seem light. They're straight and that's all you can really ask for with old mags. I'm probably gonna switch sets between bikes. I had the black set on the Schwinn before and it puts the 14 tooth cog on the Long BMXXX (Mean Streak) and the 16 tooth on the Scrambler.

Carl.

MattiThundrrr likes this.
  5. GuitarlCarl

GuitarlCarl

I need to get another picture since I have the black mags back on the Scrambler. But here's the game plan. I want to create a side hack for it. I've got a few different forks and I think one horizontal will be the mount for the wheel. I'm wondering how tough it will be to come up with a design that allows the wheel to lean left or right with the bike when it turns. Otherwise, hard right turns without a hack jockey will be interesting...

Carl.

RustyGold likes this.