I'm about to come out of hibernation!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was curious to see if anyone else packs up their shop in the fall and takes a break over the winter. I live in Wisconsin and my work space isn't insulated so it is very difficult to get anything done when it is 10 degrees. But, what comes around goes around, and the warm weather is coming. I'm itching to get back out there and work on bikes again! :D

Yep.. I, too, hibernate. I got out a few days here and there but handling cold steel doesn't lend itself to having feeling in your hands. But yes....soooooon.

I too am a fellow Wisconsinette, but when it's warm enough I am wrenching. I also volunteer at Wheels 4 Winners a non-profit org. that refurbish bicycles. I currently have three projects going on right now.

Oh,cool. You live in madison then?

...I too am waitin for the warmer weather to come back; haven't been workin on any bikes this Winter but still ridin whenever the weather is fit. Missed a few days due to rain, ice , snow & too .... cold, but still feels great to get out for a ride. Here's a pic from the other day on the bike trail...
rrb1-7-13003.jpg

ratcycle said:
nope. I live in De Forest, WI
Hey, I think I've talked to you before. I live over by Sauk and Lodi for now... I think I was going to donate a couple of kids bikes to the non profit org. You are in, just haven't got around to it yet.

Between work, and the weather, I haven't had time to play with my bikes. I have been working 60+ hours per week for the last several months, but am about to go back to a more humane schedule.

Hey Ratcycle? Is Wheels For Winners still moving? Do you have a new place yet?

Slacker: They moved from there old location a couple months ago, they are on fair oaks and atwood.

Criaggo: I don't remember talking to you unless you are on thecabe, but kids bikes we always need.

Yeah, it must've been on the cabe.

How should I donate the few bikes I have?

Latest posts

Back