Insane Passion

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
This is gonna be my entry. My first build actually. I have a few ideas as to how I want it to look. I think I'm addicted. Does this forum offer RRA Meetings. Rat Rods Anonymous. (HeHe) :D

tyler001.jpg

Progress

I have the bike all apart and have laid down the primer and did some painting. Polished some of the chrome parts as well.

I chose a color called Black Night Metallic.
ratrod001.jpg

Sandblasted the frame and have the first coat of primer on.
ratrod004.jpg

These are the paints I chose to work with. Thinking of adding some other colors down the road. I'm open to any and all suggestions. Thank-You.
ratrod005.jpg

That metalic paint is nice cause it dries fast. The black metalic looks so subtle

Make sure you shake the ever living piss out of that metalic can. Spray for a second or two. Then shake for about five. I did less than this the first time I used it, and the concentration of flake to paint varied way too much and I eneded up redoing the paint. When the can starts to run out, stop. Otherwise what's left of the flake will some out in one big spray, and it'll be way more concentrated than the rest.

I learned all this the hard way, so I figure I'd share before somebody else made the same mistake. The paint does dry fast and look good. I wasn't so creative and used black as a second color, but .... do they look good together. I've got to get some pictures of this bike now.

Korporal said:
Otherwise what's left of the flake will some out in one big spray, and it'll be way more concentrated than the rest.

I actually did have that same problem Korporl. It came out in one big gust. I waited for it to dry then used some 320 to sand it out then re-applied. After I got to the bottom of the can I decided to just throw it away and buy another can. It wasn't worth the risk of a second gusting :D

I guess that's a popular sprocket choice because your the 3rd person I see using it! Looks nice so far though! L8 EM

As I get the time I'am putting it back together. Heres the frame and the new seat. Still having a hard time finding a bearing head set. Bike was made in Poland, My LBS tells me it's gonna be tough. So as for now the search continues.

003.jpg

Jeff as long as the diameter of the frame neck is the same you can pound out those old bearing cups (use drift punch and hammer) from the old headset and swap the whole assembly including the cups. They are just press fit. As long as the diameter of the tube is the same and the top of the fork is close (longer is better!!) You can make it work. Escaped Convict has had four different forks on it throughout the mock up stage.

Just got this bike today made in Poland... Bearings work... Can you get me measurements? If they fit you can have em!

Tyler.jpg

Aaron

Latest posts

Back