Interesting New 2015 Electra Moto-Klunker

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I like one of the local shops on Facebook and they posted some photos taken at the Trek dealer event where new products were revealed. As many know, Trek has acquired Electra and this caught my eye:
img_2253.jpg

I have no details on spec and this is the only pic, but I like what I see.

This bike is more along the lines of fine wine ;)

Yeah, nothing like some fake, overpriced Chinese "fine wine".... :crazy: The only thing worse than Electra is the terrible thing that Trek has become... and, now that they're one and the same, well... I guess i'm doomed to deal with these kinda things until they finally sink the Electra name entirely.

Well didn't expect that lol. I had heard Treck (along with companies they own) were discontinuing all 29er bikes in favor of 650B to be there next big thing.

Also I wish they would think a bit harder when making these 29er frames; maybe lengthen & lower them a bit as apposed to looking like a 26er frame they crammed 29ers on so it comes out looking tall (vertical) & short (horizontal).

This bike appears to have some off-road chops, so I think they are trying to keep the handling reasonably quick, so that would be one reason not to go long and low with it. Using 29er wheels allows them to build a bike with a shorter head tube than you would with a 26, particularly on larger frame sizes.

For all the Trek naysayers, I think Electra is sticking around and will serve as Trek's lifestyle brand. I see them expanding beyond cruisers and Townies into bikes like this Moto. Only time will tell, but I think it will be fine.

That makes since for a bit more multi purpose.
Just that there are getting to be many more cruiser style 29er and ever 32" & 36" tire bikes on the market but they look silly being so high and short and most couldn't handle a hard packed trail is my beef.

29er only 2" longer than a 26er; but 4-8" taller?

Last edited:
I rebuilt a lot of chinese made walmart type bikes for a local charity that gave them to folks who needed transportation. My job was to get them roadworthy yet not look good enough to steal. That wasn't too hard as they were mostly junk, however I never had a chinese made frame that was broken in all that time. It's mostly the components that are cheap, the frames seem fairly good. The only damage I saw was from getting run over by cars.

I haven't looked at an Electra bike since Trek bought them out. When this bike comes out though I'll be looking to test ride it. I haven't tried riding this style of 29'er.

Latest posts

Back