Rat Rod

Owner & Founder
Head Honcho
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
www.ratrodbikes.com
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
I am aware that sometimes when editing a post and selecting the "More Options" button the forum throws an Internal Server Error.

I've alerted the server admin and I'm waiting to see if they can track down the issue and fix it.

Sorry for the frustration that this issue has caused...it's happening to me too.

Rat Rod

Owner & Founder
Head Honcho
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
www.ratrodbikes.com
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
One of the cases where I see the Internal Server Errors is if you try to reply to a quote that has any emoticons in it.
If you delete the emoticons you can save the post.
Interesting....thanks for the info!

Carl's finished build off post is doing it when you try to edit the post. I'm trying to determine what it is about that post that could be causing the errors.

Rat Rod

Owner & Founder
Head Honcho
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
www.ratrodbikes.com
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
I started with a 44' Westfield/Columbia built carcass. Trying to make my version of a wasteland crossing courier/dragster a reality.

I tried to save the old patina while cleaning it up

I tried a few different looks along the way. The build thread was fun, you can see it HERE.
I also tried a few new things... I modded a tool to create dimples in my frame for wheel clearance.

I also had some fun with my angle grinder and some 3/8" steel

So, with the original peaked rear fender covering a 26 x 2.4 wheel I built, lacing an old Bendix 2 speed kickback hub onto a 57mm rim, a Brooks seat on a solid bent seatpost from @slowriderz ChopShop Customs, a stretched set ofcruiser bars, a Unity model 41 light, a set of rat trap forks with flipped rockers and a skinny 27 1/4" front wheel, I think I've reached my goal. Numerous bits of brass and copper add to the detailing and I'm glad I kept the original paint. She's a classic dragster.

Carl.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One of the cases where I see the Internal Server Errors is if you try to reply to a quote that has any emoticons in it.
If you delete the emoticons you can save the post.
I've been getting this problem and noticed that the smiley with hearts was in the quote. I removed it and my reply worked perfectly. Thanks for the info.

This is the culprit.
Screen shot 2017-08-15 at 10.10.12 AM.png

kingfish254

CHECK OUT MY SALE THREAD FOR COOL STUFF!
Pro Member
Aug 31, 2009
Historic Savannah
www.ratrodbikes.com
Rating - 100%
129   0   0
I fond a new "trigger" for the Internal Server Error.
I was trying to create a new sale thread and I kept getting the error.
It turned out the trigger was a link that I always include to my other sale pages.
Once I removed the link it let me create the thread without the big old error.
I'll be glad when this gets fixed!!

RustyGold

Pro Member
Jul 2, 2015
Mid-Willamette Valley, Oregon
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
On the 2nd post in this thread...
http://www.ratrodbikes.com/forum/in...n-champion-branded-bikes-in-the-world.104488/
I did a three word placeholder...then edited it to fill it in with my novel-length question. That worked, found a grammar error...went to edit again to fix...Internal Server Error. In the past, when this has happened to me...removing just the smileys didn't allow an edit, I had to delete the post and re-type it in :doh:.

Jason

Jul 28, 2013
Holland Mi
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I keep getting Internal Server Errors trying to quote and post lately again arg....... sometimes it posts the quote and not my reply just deleted another trying to quote as didn't have my reply on post, I give.

Jun 28, 2012
South Louisiana
Rating - 100%
39   0   0
I keep getting Internal Server Errors trying to quote and post lately again arg....... sometimes it posts the quote and not my reply just deleted another trying to quote as didn't have my reply on post, I give.
I thought it was just me, I had the same issue the last couple days, but I just tried again and it worked.