Is anyone else experimenting with recumbent bikes?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My wife and I are avid cyclists. Last year, just before an Aids Ride from SF to LA, she suffered a spine injury. She has recovered somewhat and now rides a recumbent trike. A Catrike Road AR. Since getting her that, I have started picking up used recumbent two wheelers to try out different styles. Most of which have little use but have been left out in the rain. I have two riders and three projects

Bike E CT
Sun EZ 1. Both ride now

projects are
Sun EZ Sport
Vision R40 with underseat steering
Volae Sport Highracer

Im still putting a lot of miles on my diamond frame bikes alone and mostly ride recumbents when Im with her
98D17A0F-B1FD-4F48-8B3E-86CB4E9B8CCF.jpeg

6fa0957a7d379ca3a1c7b8f1014f4752.jpeg
Probably 10 years ago, long before I joined RRB, My wife and I had a pair of Giant Revives. I guess these are semi-recumbent. Anyways, these bikes got the both of us riding bikes again. They are cool and comfortable, seating position and handlebars infinitely adjustable. The bad, heavy and having the crank so far forward actually bothered my knees much more than a correctly adjusted conventional bike. Bought used from bike shops they held value pretty well and we got almost all our original investment, and are more healthy now because of it.

Glad your wife can get enjoyment of cycling again!

I read about the revives, very similar to the bike E geometry. There are many benefits that will keep people on bikes for a while longer when diamond frames are no longer feasible. I would love a catrike myself. Its an amazing ride but it cost more than my motorcycle.
0347EA4F-F5A3-4478-8A48-53BD94E083F7.jpeg

Latest posts

Back