Is this guy crazy? Price too high?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i couldn't see any other bikes in the pic so i would have to say 2 high for that price :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

For a poor-condition, incorrect component, missing parts "Phantom", of course it's too high, by about $650 IMO, but I think all of our bikes should be $50 bikes.

Then again, somebody local to me was selling one not far off of that condition a couple weeks ago for like $750, and I presume they got that much or close, it was gone quick.

Black Phantoms are the bike that non-bike people collect because they never had one back in the day! They've always been overvalued, even more so after the $3000 repop version showed up in the 90s! :shock: A good looking bike, but I'll stick with my almost identical Wasp! -Adam

There is one bike in Pinellas Park FL says Men's Murray 1950's for $1000 with the same pic twice but looks like an 80's maybe 90-91 beach cruiser.

I inquired about this bike, because he didn't put any pictures on the ad he put on KCMO's craigslist and this is what he sent me.

sorry about the incomplete pic's ... need to take better ones.
the lock is there ... not sure about fenders being unoriginal... there were several different versions including ones without lights.

as to price ... restored phantoms go for $2k+ range .... when was the last time you saw a real Phantom being offered for less $$
a $100 powder coat paint job applied to this mechanically sound Phantom and it will sell for $1400+

anyways... don't why I'm bothering to answer this.... normally I delete any response without a phone
have NEVER sold anything to a response without a phone.

Some people have something up their _______!? LOL
Or smoking krizzzack LOL

For example........

Some dude was selling a "Vintage""US made Huffy Good Vibes for a 100 smackers. Chill bike, but not worth a bill. I told the guy I could come up on a real Vintage Schwinn for that price or cheaper. And when did 80's bike's be considered "Vintage". I would of thought early 60's and earlier would be considered "Vintage"............

Hmmmmmm

I am gonna pick up a Phantom frame soon.... But to tick those pesky purist people off I am gonna turn it into a Klunker.... Get er muddy!!! And, it has way better origional paint than that one... I cannot wait to tear it up..... :mrgreen:

Latest posts

Back