ISO original '70s & '80s concert/band shirts.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BobbyStillz

Not the bestest, but the next asbestos.
Pro Member
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hello Party People!

This might be a long shot, but does anyone have any old concert tees they're willing to let go of?

My dad got rid of his when they stopped fitting (long before I showed interest), I am almost 40 and still have the same body type as I did in high school (I know, poor me). The challenge is finding clothes that fit well. I have aquired a few shirts over the years and they serve a dual purpose: 1. Vintage sizes fit me great. 2. They look cool and cater to my aesthetic.

Anyway, since we all seem to collect a variety of things, I figured here was as good a place as any to ask.

Here are some of the shirts I currently own.

Screenshot_20200813-162152_Instagram.jpg
Screenshot_20200813-162123_Instagram.jpg
Screenshot_20200813-161919_eBay.jpg
Screenshot_20200813-161800_eBay.jpg
Screenshot_20200813-161715_eBay.jpg

20200811_190801.jpg
20200731_190420.jpg
20200813_162029.jpg
20200813_162042.jpg

Wow the Gruesomes is awesome. And when was that Misfits concert? I've seen em a few times, got a shirt back in 97 from their first big Michael Graves tour (with Marky Ramone and the Intruders, Misfits did a few old Ramones tunes with Marky!) Also saw Danzig with Doyle at a Rockfest, where Jerry and his version of the Misfits were also performing on the same night. It was a little awkward hearing Jerry try and do Glen's vocals and then hearing the real deal
IMG_20200814_095041294.jpg
IMG_20200814_095052291.jpg

*Not for sale, just showing off

One more treasure, this one from the Value Village in little old Cornwall.
View attachment 133401View attachment 133400
Super xl, so I can never wear it, but for 3 bucks, I can deal. This thing was made in Oakland, so I assume it's og
Yeah, def looking for an op ivy shirt that fits. The Misfits shirt is '80s but not sure what show. I had this original Dead Kennedys B.F.D. shirt, but it was just too big (I like to wear them) so I flipped it to get another shirt.

Screenshot_20200814-125738_Instagram.jpg
Screenshot_20200814-125754_Instagram.jpg

Same with these 2 (on the '90s tip). 'Twas the era of oversized everything lol! Really wanted to keep both, but way too big. The 'Blackout' shirt glows in the dark.

Screenshot_20200814-125851_Instagram.jpg

Screenshot_20200814-125932_Instagram.jpg

I got a couple of DK shirts in the drawer too, there's a funny story too. Got sent home from grade school for wearing that one telling Nazi punks what to do...
Also Wutang in the pile, I assume our cd collection has a fair amount of overlap

I got a couple of DK shirts in the drawer too, there's a funny story too. Got sent home from grade school for wearing that one telling Nazi punks what to do...
Also Wutang in the pile, I assume our cd collection has a fair amount of overlap
Let me know if you ever let those go
Yeah, sounds like we vibe to the same jams. Here's a piece from my collection you might dig (signed and numbered). Went through the pit lol, but still displays well. I saw their 35th anniversary of V.I.P. in Denver...still amazing!

Screenshot_20200814-134651_Instagram.jpg

Love hard core and thrash. Might have seen AF, don't remember if I made it to the show. I got to see DRI a few years ago, they definitely are worth it, still thrashing HARD!:rockout: I can't sell my shirts, they remember the stuff I missed.

Yeah, a lot of that in the music world:

Beatles 'Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da'----> Simon & Garfunkel 'Cecilia'----> The Offspring 'Why Don't You Get a Job'

Butthole Surfers 'Pepper' ----> Beck 'Loser'

Pachelbel 'Canon in D' ----> Vitamin C 'Graduation' ----> Maroon 5 'Memories'

Gustav Holst 'The Planets'----> John Williams 'Star Wars' (all of them, and a lot of his other work)

Richard Wagner 'Ride of the Valkyries' ----> John Williams more 'Star Wars'

According to plant himself, he literally quoted other artist's lyrics. Then the artists had to sue for credit. That's a LOT different than the examples you posted.
"When it came time for Plant to lay down vocals over Page’s guitar riff – one of the first times he ever contributed lyrics to a Zeppelin track–he quoted from “You Need Love,” a song written by Willie Dixon and sung by Muddy Waters in 1962. (Dixon sued in 1985, settled out of court"

According to plant himself, he literally quoted other artist's lyrics. Then the artists had to sue for credit. That's a LOT different than the examples you posted.
"When it came time for Plant to lay down vocals over Page’s guitar riff – one of the first times he ever contributed lyrics to a Zeppelin track–he quoted from “You Need Love,” a song written by Willie Dixon and sung by Muddy Waters in 1962. (Dixon sued in 1985, settled out of court"

Grimey af

Another beauty for the wardrobe. Though I appreciate the Grateful Dead, I wouldn't call myself a 'Dead Head'. However, when I was in elementary school, my friend Jasper's parents were HUGE Dead Heads.
I remember they had 2 gorgeous woven tapestries on the living room walls with two variations of 'Bertha'. That imagery influenced me greatly as a young artist and later as a designer. This shirt means more to me in the Dead's artistic influence on me (visually) than through their music.
20200903_000746.jpg

Latest posts

Back