it was a good morning.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
this western flyer musclebike frame, pretty much every part you see with it, PLUS the coaster brake 26's/tires in the background. all for $50. this is my very rough mock-up of the musclebike, resto will start tomorrow. questions/comments welcome.

100_0515.jpg

100_0516.jpg

Those wheels and tires are wicked. Good score.

Hey very cool! I found a "Buzz Bike" at the local dump - here is pic of it in my vise. The neck broke when I tried to get handlebars off, the bars broke too, but frame is in OK shape - little pitted in spots - It was ROUGH, this is bike I am building right now - went for purple frame and had to chop neck top & bottom to fit some tripple-trees - WISH I had them cool wheels!

buzz.jpg

kingplinker said:
Hey very cool! I found a "Buzz Bike" at the local dump - here is pic of it in my vise. The neck broke when I tried to get handlebars off, the bars broke too, but frame is in OK shape - little pitted in spots - It was ROUGH, this is bike I am building right now - went for purple frame and had to chop neck top & bottom to fit some tripple-trees - WISH I had them cool wheels!

buzz.jpg

sounds like a good plan. im actually thinking about using the banana seat on a straightbar higgins im building (i got the idea from seeing hooch's "stubby" in the gallery). i have another banana seat for the musclebike, its all squared off/ribbed, but it needs recovering. thats where brian (tempe-terror) comes in.

aka_locojoe said:
nugenhipsta are there any clearance issues with the fat tires or do they fit ok?

the rear is fine, and only a tiny bit rubs on the front tire. ill take care of that with the angle grinder- not too much, just a little bit off the side...

nugenhipsta said:
emanon said:
I dig that type of frame--what do you call it anyway?

it's a 70's western flyer musclebike frame

Actually, what I meant was the general shape of the frame--not quite a diamond, definitely not a cantilever. There's Ralieghs, AMF's & some other muscle bikes w/similar lines. I'd love to find a 26" frame like that.

that Buzz Bike chainguard is BADAZZZZ!!! I want one!!!

Latest posts

Back