BO15 ITZARAT - 1928 Schwinn Motorbike (WALK-AROUND + RIDE VIDEO!!!)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well I picked up my rims from my local bike shop, who laced them up with stainless spokes, SA front drum and Nexus 3 with a skip-tooth sprocket on board, and I am really happy how they came out! Normally I would build the wheels myself but it was easier this time around as I have many projects going, and I don't have to wrestle with potential issues like being egged out because it has been many years since I have laced a wheel.

If they fit on my truing stand, I will put some thin pins on them shortly (either cream or gold, but open to other color suggestions!), and throw some tires and tubes on them. Then I"ll mount these up and adjust cables and take it for a long-awaited test ride. I still need to locate a brake handle. Stoked!

IMG_2867.jpg

IMG_2868.jpg

IMG_2869.jpg

Those SA drums are dreamy.
Gold stripes could work, as long as you match the yellow that's already on the rim. Two yellows would be difficult to pull off.

Those SA drums are dreamy.
Gold stripes could work, as long as you match the yellow that's already on the rim. Two yellows would be difficult to pull off.
Yep, I hear that... yes, first time for me even seeing this SA drum hub, I like this FD model - bigger braking surface and bigger flanges. One light pull and this thing just spins effortlessly, and I should get a hand full of brake for sure.

Last edited:
WOW, that is an uber classy wheelset!

WOW, that is an uber classy wheelset!
Thanks Kingfish! I can't wait to ride them later this week, after I get my "work from home" work done.

THOSE WHEELS SURE ARE PURTY!!

Sent from my LM-Q720 using Tapatalk

After thinking about it for a bit, I decided this ride needed some pedals that are more period correct, so I found some NOS rat traps to replace the re-pop Torringtons. Maybe Rat Trap will be it's new name...

IMG_2801.jpg

Picked up this well made, modern B10E tool-box tank a week ago, took a chance on it since this frame is a few years older so I didn't know if the geometry was the same. It fits good enough for me, so I will add it to this build. Now I have some new blank canvas to paint. Maybe some patina, some gold leaf, some pinstriping, or all three...

I will need to relocate the 3 speed Boxkars shifter, and re-clock the mechanism. Shouldn't be too bad. More to come.

IMG_2909.jpg

IMG_2910.jpg

IMG_2911.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_2911.jpg
    IMG_2911.jpg
    386.4 KB · Views: 84
Last edited:
Just finished clocking and repositioning the shifter to the down tube, and moving the cable guide to a functional location to accommodate the addition of the tank. I love the Boxkar shifter and the ease of adjustability. They have PDFs of the owner's manual ready to look up when needed.

This thing just fits nicely in the space with ample clearance even in 1st gear, however, will need to see if I can reach it while seated.

IMG_2913.jpg

IMG_2914.jpg

IMG_2915.jpg

IMG_2916.jpg

IMG_2917.jpg

That shifter is fancy! I like the tank too. It would be really cool if you can tie it in with your license plate tube somehow. Similar vibe, compatible look. That's all I got, sorry. :bigsmile:

Thanks OddJob, I aim to try, thanks for the good vibes...!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
That shifter is fancy! I like the tank too. It would be really cool if you can tie it in with your license plate tube somehow. Similar vibe, compatible look. That's all I got, sorry. :bigsmile:

*OddJob !!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back