I've been trying not to buy bikes. 1948 Firestone Cruiser

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
Well I've been trying not to buy bikes and save for my van, need to get clutch parts.

But couldn't pass on this last Saturday

Above pics are in front of the original owners house he grew up in.

Still have to go through it but I've ridden it a few times already.
Put some used white walls I got from @Skipton on it. A seat I had laying around and some lady's Torrington peddles. Has a temp stem till I fix the broken bolt. But the only wrong parts are the seat and peddles.

Fun bike to ride. Also had to share this pic. It was to funny not to. So I had swapped on the front tire and tried to just air up the rear and take it for a spin. Was outside the garage and heard a noise. I sorta peered in and stepped back at the sight of it. I nervously grabbed something to let the air out and carefully did it. Lol.

AWESOME FIND! and story!

Can't wait to see a fox tail on it.

I'd say hit the rims and dropouts with your favorite rust inhibitor (linseed oil, WD-40, what-have-you) and it'll probably last another 77 years.:thumbsup: Of course if you wreck, :headbang:those spokes probably aren't adjustable anymore. (insert taco icon here :cry:)

Last edited:
Wow....I just found one a few months ago but yours is waaaayyyyyy nicer!!! Congrats!!!!!:41:

Latest posts

Back