Iverson Dragstripper. The Patriot

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Slightly off subject John, but I love your new profile pic! RaT oN!

IMG_1073.JPG

I just broke the bank and won this seat on ebay. Its from a Huffy Star Spangler. Sometimes only the right parts will do. This is my big build for the year and its gonna be done right

Dude, I'm sorry....I bid some on that seat. If I had known a fellow builder was wanting that for the build-off I would have stayed away and saved you money, lol.

Dude, I'm sorry....I bid some on that seat. If I had known a fellow builder was wanting that for the build-off I would have stayed away and saved you money, lol.
Its all good. Ive been looking for this seat for three months

Did you see the American flag grips on eBay? I've had those on my watch list for like 2 years. They are sweet!

Well my wheelie bar idea doesnt look as nice as I would have liked. Its very erector set looking and not smooth like a Wham O or what is seen in any pics I look up. I think I will leave it off.

The seat arrived today. I think my next step is to do a full mock up. Still need to get a metal disc to go behind the chainring and cover the holes. I will work on getting that done for the effect I want to pull off. Thats all for this week

I just stumbled across a 20" wheel with a sturmey hub in my stash! Its got no guts at the moment but I have some other hubs I can salvage the internal gear assembly from. Offer is still up if you need a wheel, pay shipping and its yours! Then find yourself a stickshift... let me know!
60224887dc8a9e275acafbc4b22999f6.jpg
c8bec17498defceb3080d07271ef3bdc.jpg

keep the rubber side down!

Theres a lot of parts in a 3 speed hub. Ive ruined a few taking them apart. If you know how to swap the guts successfully that would be awesome. I know the stickshift I want to use

I have rebuilt many an internal hub, the sturmey 3spd is easy for me. I will get it the insides polished up for ya and let you know when its ready, should be within the next couple of days.

That is awesome!

Its together! Got the hub internals from a '53, but the hub shell on the rim says '73. Amazing how universal the AW hub is! Up to you to clean the outsides, insides are dialled! Will be locating the rest of the nuts and the chain, then tossing it in a box for ya!

765efbf88df32be5074dec23511615d1.jpg

Its together! Got the hub internals from a '53, but the hub shell on the rim says '73. Amazing how universal the AW hub is! Up to you to clean the outsides, insides are dialled! Will be locating the rest of the nuts and the chain, then tossing it in a box for ya!

765efbf88df32be5074dec23511615d1.jpg

Wow thank You. What does AW mean? I thought Sturmey Archer was the only 3 speed maker back in the day. Im looking at a 333 t bar shifter that would be sweet on the top bar

Let me ask you this, is there a way to get a pie plate behind the sprocket? Would that look right with a chrome guard behind a single sprocket?

IMG_1110.JPG
IMG_1111.JPG

So Im looking at this one and would want to mount it just forward of the frame taper. Would this be compatible? Fiance will kill me considering what I have into this so far but what the heck, i have a cot I can set up in the garage for a few days

Its the Sturmey AW3 hub. The 333 is a Shimano hub I believe, but the shifters should work as long as you use the cable hardware for the Sturmey, I have that hardware to connect to any cable I will toss in as well. Hard to screw up the adjustment, when the shifter is in second gear, you want the hub in 2nd as well.

Latest posts

Back