Iverson Dragstripper. The Patriot

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And the pie plate... most of the time those are used on derailleur equipped bikes, but I imagine you could modify one to fit the sturmey. The cog installs like any other coaster brake cog, with the addition of two spacers the cog sits between. Not sure if they originally intended that to be a chainline adjustment, or a more secure method of attaching the cog. I would recommend opening up the hole in the pie plate large enough to sit by the hub flange so it is attached flush to the spokes and rotates with the wheel.

keep the rubber side down!

So, my build plans for the week are to get the crankset together and on the bike and complete the drive train. That will allow me to then mount and decide on a final chain guard and also a rear brake. It appears my three speed idea may be coming to frutation after all. Im also going to have time to go to the truck stop and tractor supply in Gilroy to look for custom lights to go inside the tail pipes. I already have an idea how to mount lights, a small power supply and a toggle switch underneath. The way I plan to mount the pipe, it will come on and off with ease to change batteries. Just need the right lights. Im hoping to find orange if possible to resemble hot turbine exhaust

IMG_1407.JPG

Hey the pic turned sideways to my advantage for once

Anyways hit my first big blunder today. The new Wald chainguard I bought doesnt look right on it. I tried 8 others from my stash and none come close to fitting in a way I would like. Im considering going without but I really think it needs one. Hhhmmmm

View attachment 51502

Hey the pic turned sideways to my advantage for once

Anyways hit my first big blunder today. The new Wald chainguard I bought doesnt look right on it. I tried 8 others from my stash and none come close to fitting in a way I would like. Im considering going without but I really think it needs one. Hhhmmmm
What shape / style did you have in mind John? I have a couple three guards here that I could send out.

What shape / style did you have in mind John? I have a couple three guards here that I could send out.
Something that fits. I dont know what these had to begin with. I tried a 20 inch wald and it doesnt look right. Im not sure what would work on it. I tried some 20 inch and some 26. Nothing had the right angles

Played with a rear brake for a bit and decided I do not want to run any cables on this frame. Its too unique and I dont want to interupt the design. Going to stick with a coaster brake after all. Im thinking simpler is better with this bike

No luck with tail lights to fit in the pipes yet. I have a couple ideas to try yet. Still looking for a disc to fit behind the chainring too. Once I find that I can take everything in for paint

The dragstripper had two styles of guard.

This is the most common,and are available on eBay for about $30
02152f82f875323065bebfd893ad8c6a.jpg

This one, is my personal favorite. But rarely see them up for sale.
f4fa790c92e7242c88457b589ab0f40c.jpg
I like the lower one too but looks like I will be going without. I want to get it off to the powder coater next week. Im trading a friend some parts tomorrow and hope to finish up all my metal work this week. I want it finished for 4th of July weekend

Will these work for 'exhaust lights'?
They appear to be 2 wire...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/252790408161

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Those would fit but not the look im going for. There were some small ones like that at the truck stop i went to. When i looked at them inside the pipes, they looked lost. Im trying to find something in 1 1/2 to 1 3/4 diameter. I have a perfect matching set of reflectors that are for middleweight fenders that i might use if I cant find lights. Havent given up yet. Thanks for the lead

The dragstripper had two styles of guard.

This is the most common,and are available on eBay for about $30
02152f82f875323065bebfd893ad8c6a.jpg

This one, is my personal favorite. But rarely see them up for sale.
f4fa790c92e7242c88457b589ab0f40c.jpg
I really like the look of this with a fender on the rear too. I have such big bars it would be a far reach for a stick shift. Im going to stick with a coaster brake and no cables. This bike in the pic is sweet

IMG_1217.JPG
This weeks work, Going to work on mounts for this jesse james tank and the tailpipes. Get a new seat ost and work on adjusting and cutting the sissy bar to fit. Tank will be white with the frame and appropriately decorated

Ebay. Raleigh chopper in the search. $51 shipped. And im dangerously looking at matching white 5 spoke mags too. Trying to justify for now
White spoke mags FTW! Your profile says it all, "I have discovered muscle bikes are what I enjoy". Put a punctuation on that statement~!

Todays work time turned into a garage sorting and cleaning day. The floor is covered in parts sorted out for what im keeping and what needs to go. Wont be any work done on the iverson this week

I ended up getting some metal work done after all. In the process i learned the top tube is not straight. It bends at the seat tube. So going to tweak my pipes a little to stay level. Also found a lead on some other much needed parts

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back