Iverson Dragstripper. The Patriot

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMG_1226.JPG

Just struck a trade deal for the chainguard and rear fender I need and a few other goodies too. I cant wait to see this all together. Its going to be even more detailed and definitely farther out there than the black chopper I did last year

image.jpeg
I just had a thought:

Dragstripper.....just let your mind wander a bit.
Ha Ha, I am from San Francisco ya know and have participated in several Aids Lifecycle rides so an open mind is definitely there. My fiance and I wanted to ride this year but here daughter is graduating from College in Seattle. Cant miss that. But anyways, participating in the Aids Lifecycle ride with a diverse group of happy people has given me some of the greatest memories of my life. Thats me in the Evel Knievel helmet and proud of it

Springer looks super cool. Should be epic with that guard!!
I got really lucky finding it. I had a bike listed for sale or trade, the guard and fender are part of that deal. And instead of mags, im getting matching 16 and 20 inch white wheelcovers to go inside those red striped tires

I just had a thought:

Dragstripper.....just let your mind wander a bit.

Dang it Oddjob, now I have that mental image in my mind :21:.

Dang it Oddjob, now I have that mental image in my mind :21:.
Oh come on now, I had one of the milder costumes on that ride

On the build side of things, I have been looking at buying a wheelie bar kit for this build but havent been able to justify spending $175 for it. Earlier tonight I was going through a closet and found a springer fork I had forgotten about. Immediately I began thinking wheelie bars again. The one I made a few weeks ago did not look good. With the rods off the springer and a sissy bar, I am back in business. Hope I can find the roller skate wheels now. I think I tossed the skate. If so, back to Good Will I go

Local shop doesnt carry sissy bars. Have to go to Watsonville to the lowrider shop. There is also a skate shop there

Im starting to think I wont be making my 4th of July deadline for this build. Next week, I leave for a two week vacation in Seattle and still have a lot of things to finish before taking it in to get powder coated. The lowrider shop was even out of sissy bars today too ☹️ But its all good, I will finish it in time for the build off deadline. I will admit I had sort of an idea for it when I started this build. But many ideas and parts I wasnt planning on have made themselves available so it has become a bit more involved. Since its my first custom muscle bike project, Im just going with the flow

John, there will be more Independence Day parades. Do it right this time, and you will ride it forever.

This is a great site / resource for all things retro when it comes to bike parts. I have used 2 different sissy bars and many pedals, fenders, wheels, even two polo (banana) seats for builds.

I am sure you LBS probably has or can get an acct with them. They have regional warehouses all over the country. And super fast turn around / delivery.

Your bar is currently in stock in CA warehouse! Click on the menu drop down tab (FL: Yes) and you can see if items are current.

http://www.jbi.bike/site/search_result.php?keywords=sissy bar

IMG_0288.JPG

I can always ride last years build off bike and fit right in. I have relatives coming to town for the Independence day motorcycle rally. We live close enough to downtown so on one of the days, the plan is for everyone to pick one of my bicycles and we are going to pedal down the strip. With or without the patriot, we are still going to have a good time

John, there will be more Independence Day parades. Do it right this time, and you will ride it forever.

This is a great site / resource for all things retro when it comes to bike parts. I have used 2 different sissy bars and many pedals, fenders, wheels, even two polo (banana) seats for builds.

I am sure you LBS probably has or can get an acct with them. They have regional warehouses all over the country. And super fast turn around / delivery.

Your bar is currently in stock in CA warehouse! Click on the menu drop down tab (FL: Yes) and you can see if items are current.

http://www.jbi.bike/site/search_result.php?keywords=sissy bar

Latest posts

Back