Iverson Dragstripper. The Patriot

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
John I say 'no tanks'. (pun intended) :wondering::grin:

It has a nice long and lean look to it, the tank kind of sticks out too much for me.
Unless you could mimic the graphics on the chain guard and tank...then..that might work.

To me, the back end looks heavy and takes away from your back tire / fender combo with that wheelie stand on there. It's cool and all, but try a look without it and see what you think.

Love the saddle, giant apes, guard, wheel/tire combos, fork...everything else about it! :thumbsup:

Love the look of this hot rod!
I say NO on the tank. It flows so much better without it.

IMG_1570.JPG

Going with No Tank

I had a little time this morning to finish the wheels and tires

The good Dr T has the Rx for this build! +1 ^!
John, I'm really digging those wheel covers!

And I like the clean racy lines without the wheelie bars too.

That chain ring idea with the white backing plate sounds sweet!

If you can, get some ride pics this weekend.
RaT oN! :thumbsup:

IMG_1613.JPG
Sorry no bicycle pics from the rally, plans changed. Yesterday we rode it once, walked it down and back, and then rode 90 miles for split pea soup. Today was a 200 mile group ride and it was spectacular. I took pics of some of my favorite bikes and need to go through them. This Chopper was my favorite of everything there. The noise was a bit too much for me but people of all colors got along great and a good time was had by all

I love this build! It just really has the vibe of what a bicentennial kid would have dreamed of.

I love this build! It just really has the vibe of what a bicentennial kid would have dreamed of.
Im hoping to finish a few small details and get it apart this week to take to the powder coating place up in Oakland that did my bike last year. Im only getting parts done in white and blue so hopefully noone confuses them with safety yellow

I was unable to get anything done on it this week and I am going out of town on my days off the next two weeks. Life has definitely gotten in the way. Its starting to look like I wont get it finished the way I want for the deadline. Im not too worried if I dont, I will finish it at some point. I have way too much time and money invested not to. maybe I will just post it in the finished bikes of the next mbbo or in a continuation thread. Im not starting any other projects in the garage untill this one is finished

Schwinn axle reflector covers arrived and I found the bell. Still looking for lights to fit inside the tailpipes and the right caps for the sissy bar bolts inside the cross bar on the frame. Details details but I just want everything perfect

Oh and the white Skyway stem pad arrived too

Have you thought about painting the inside of the exhaust bright red?

PIB13.jpg

You could post it as it is. It's a roller just waiting on some more detailing. Also, MBBO finished threads are for bikes built during the MBBO. Painting the inside of the tube looks good, I've done it before too.

Carl.

Latest posts

Back