Jalopy-Cross Bike-Thingamajig

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Had this old Varsity laying around, along with a bunch of random parts, so why not build a single speed jalopy :) . Cheapo 700 wheels with cross tires, single rear cog on the cassette, switched out the rear skewer axle to a bmx bolt on axle. Old Dia Comp center pull brakes rigged up to work. Super uncomfortable bmx seat. There's a cyclocross course about 15 minutes from me, just waiting for a good rain (or snow) to come. I'm wondering how long it'll take for this blade fork to just fold?

IMG_5309.jpg

IMG_5308.jpg

IMG_5311.jpg

IMG_5310.jpg

Thought I'd post an update on the bike. Been riding it for about a month now (saturday commutes, cyclocross track, horse trails, rain, snow, etc.) just totally beating the heck out of it, and the only damage I've been able to do is tweak the wheels a few times. I may wrap the bars once spring comes around, my hands always feel like I've run a jackhammer after a good ride :x . Other than that no complaints.

IMG_5373.jpg

IMG_5361.jpg

IMG_5408.jpg

Pinche said:
After Armageddon has come and gone...Electro-forged Schwinns will still be here.

palmetto2jpg3.jpg

Latest posts

Back