BO15 JC Higgins Resto Mod

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, they have the guards on them. I can send the original headset too. Is there a way you can PM me your details?
Guys, you can use the 'Conversation' tab in the forum to communicate in a private chat that only the invited participants will see.

Full mock up. Changing tires and saddle but rest will be the same.

5DE48486-FED2-48CF-A4C4-130A63E91EA3.jpeg
1B71E8E4-C6FE-4644-BA1D-8966045233B6.jpeg
527BA246-D7D3-4CAA-A7FF-C6A7A669D92B.jpeg
E449CA28-CCE2-444C-98D3-BCC8FECE28E9.jpeg

I actually really dig that saddle on there! I don't remember exactly, it's original to the frame , right? You could leave it on for now, use it in the Final Photo in your Finished Builds thread, and then go for a different one for riding if this is not comfortable enough. And your grips match that saddle color ( purse matches the shoes ... @metalchewy ....inside joke ) and the frame color to a 'T' !

That tires actually work too, especially the tan side walls. Really shows off the black fork well in the front. It's your bike, just my .02 cents. :thumbsup:

Hehe, @OddJob you are right, that saddle does look good on there. I've seen some awesome saddles on the forum, could be we have a pleasant surprise coming.

This bike is looking really good as it comes together. [emoji106]

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Thanks guys. I love that saddle too but it’s falling apart. I’d love to keep it on. I am thinking white or cream tires will accentuate the front end and bike even more so when I get those on, I’ll post and see what you guys think.

I have a set of those clay creamwalls on a rider of mine and they look a lot better after riding on them a while than the white tires I have on a couple others. If you plan on riding this bike much, I think you'd be happier with what's on it. Besides they're pretty awesome anyway, you don't see them often.

GC.

JRC, one idea for your clay tires with the tan walls ( which I still really like on this build!) would be to apply a little faux-tina to the clay color. I did this on my Desert Rat Columbia build, to take out the reflective stripe on the tire first, and then to add to the aged look. Like Carl said earlier, they will get dirty from riding anyway; this just accelerates the process.
Here's before the tire 'dis-coloration':
43226_9222f791cb75e6db2850a1b2ada778bf.jpg

And after:
102892708_656713188518791_1704886518968546550_n.jpg

Here is the part of my build thread where I talk about the process:

https://www.ratrodbikes.com/forum/i...k-in-the-back40-again-video-pg3.101618/page-3

Is that valve cap one of those pencil eraser toppers? I gotta get one for RaTs GaSs !

IMO, the white is too bright. But a cream color....winner winner chicken dinner. Just my unsolicited opinion. Love the ol' boardtrack racer style. Lookin killer

HOWEVER....my opinion may change upon the final color of the bike. But you know what they say about opinions...

Latest posts

Back