JC Higgins

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can anyone decode these numbers, as far as I can make out is it's murray built, but don't know year.Thanks

'CPD" and the numbers to the right are police serials. The big numbers in the middle is a Murray serial, which doesn't tell us anything. "MOD 502" is a Sears code on Murray built bikes. The next # looks like 4740, which is the Sears catalog # for a 57 mid line model. There may be a Murray code to the left of that, "MOST-W" would be right for a 57. -Adam

'CPD" and the numbers to the right are police serials. The big numbers in the middle is a Murray serial, which doesn't tell us anything. "MOD 502" is a Sears code on Murray built bikes. The next # looks like 4740, which is the Sears catalog # for a 57 mid line model. There may be a Murray code to the left of that, "MOST-W" would be right for a 57. -Adam
Wow, quite the wealth of information......I don't think I know that much information about my car...and it just out in the driveway!!!!

Latest posts

Back