Jesse James vs SR / JR Teutul

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I will say this...if I had to spend a day hanging out with any of them it would probably be with Paul Jr., Vinnie and Mikey. They just seem more respectable to me and I'd probably enjoy joking around with Mikey. :lol:

120511-american-choppers-5.jpg

120511-american-choppers-6.jpg

120511-american-choppers-2.jpg

30028_14.jpg

30028_86e0645.jpg

30028_86e0722.jpg

30028_86e0701.jpg

30028_86e0685.jpg

12-jesse-james-final-bike-625x450.jpg

30028_86e0718.jpg

30034_Paul-Jr-Build-off-bike-0119.jpg

30034_Paul-Jr-Build-off-bike-0025.jpg

30034_Paul-Jr-Build-off-bike-0026.jpg

30034_Paul-Jr-Build-off-bike-0036.jpg

30034_Paul-Jr-Build-off-bike-0073.jpg

30034_Paul-Jr-Build-off-bike-0240.jpg

30034_Paul-Jr-Build-off-bike-0131.jpg

30034_Paul-Jr-Build-off-bike-0184.jpg

30034_Paul-Jr-Build-off-bike-0290.jpg

30025_OCC-BuildOff1.jpg

30025_OCC-BuildOff2.jpg

30025_OCC-BuildOff3.jpg

30025_OCC-BuildOff4.jpg

30025_OCC-BuildOff6.jpg

30025_OCC-BuildOff13.jpg

30025_OCC-BuildOff16.jpg

I have to say that Jesse's chopper is about as Generic as it gets. He may be able to do all his own work, but he is obviously lacking in creativity. He needs someone to help him out in that area. In all the custom bikes that I have built over the years, I try to never do the same bike twice. It's just no fun. I like to come up with something new each time to challenge my own creativity. If Jesse would just get his mind out of the gutter, he might be able to concentrate on new designs. (just sayin')

Oh, and one more thing..... Who are the real father and son? Senior and Jesse? The two most narcissistic people on the planet. Well, besides Donald Trump, that is. :lol:

I try to be upbeat on my comments here, but the show was kind of a let down for me.

None of these bikes (or whatever OCC built) made me say WOW!

While the frame and fork of JJ's bike was hand built from polished stainless and beautiful, the rest of the bike was mundane.

PJD's is beautiful, but needs some color. When I look at it, 'P51 Mustang' doesn't jump into my mind. Actually, 'where's my sunglasses' jumps to mind.

The OCC thing, is just stupid. Were they trying to make their own Gears of War creation? They said from the start that it would be a popularity contest and that they expected to lose.
That attitude rubs me the wrong way. That was evidenced when Mike Amarotti made comments like 'we're winners because we built it' and 'we're #1 (referring to their 1% fan vote).
Does everyone get a trophy Mike?
That mindset is what's killing this country and turning our kids into self-involved, entitled wimps.

It would have been better without them, but Sr. wouldn't miss an opportunity to be on TV.

The constant immature name calling and degradation, distracted from the builds. Jr. didn't do much of that, but the cheesy message to the fans was a little sad. His team on a whole was the most respectful of the other two teams(at least that's the way it was edited). That is the only reason I'm voting PJD.

Cheers,
Dr. T

Peatbog said:
So I'd go with Jesse's bike. It's ride-able. And that is the first thing I want in a motorcycle. Without that, the rest just doesn't matter. Jesse's bike is the only one I would even ride.

Rideable? As in as long as you are wearing a kidney belt, you have an inseam of 20", and you have a periscope strapped to your head? Then I guess that's ridable. That's cool. To each his own.

Ha Ha...I was thinking the same thing about JJ's bike...you can't even see over the forks. :lol:

In his test riding video he's looking around them on either side several times to see what's ahead.

Oh well....all good entertainment none the less. :wink:

Peatbog said:
Everyone has their own opinion, and that's okay with me.

Good position to take. :wink:

In the end it's all subjective and everyone is going to like what they like.

I personally wasn't crazy about any of the bikes either, but I sure can acknowledge that all three creations took quite a bit of skill to fabricate.

I prefer something more along these lines...

loser.jpg

Lets here is it fof PJD!!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

I definitely admire the skill of all three teams. I liked Jesse's the best because first it was a motorcycle unlike Paul Sr.'s and second, it was NOT A DONK like many of the Teutul bikes. It was just more real and true to motorcyles.

This is more what I like.

Shinyas stuff is awesome, My favorite in this clip is the knucklehead in the 20-26 sec range. It just gets breifly passed by.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QUsq-Ppw ... re=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gtkgebik_Vw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XDabvVPWYiA

I wish they would have done it like the old biker build off shows, where they all met at a central location and rode to the show. Would have been funny seeing Sr having to stop for recharging, Jr having to stop every 20 miles to refill. Although I liked JJ's bike the best, I doubt any if them would be comfy for a long haul. I think JJ should have gone with a 10 over front end instead if a 20 over, and used small apes instead of the tall risers and drag bars. And I'd like to see Jr build a bike without having to have a theme (although I really liked his Cadillac bike). I think his PJD bikes have a good, smooth flow to them, but he relies heavily on the CNC machine. And honestly, I don't recall seeing Sr actually do any work on that thing OCC made.

I still say too many custom bikes are being designed with only one thing in mind - how it looks static with no rider on it. Put a rider on most customs these days and they (the person and the bike) look ridiculous, even if statically the bike looks good alone.

Oh! So Jr´s bike is based on a P-51 Mustang?
Nobody told him he´s mising one blade of the propeller in each wheel? Mustangs had four, not three. :lol:

Any way, I think that bike is the kind you put on a shell, no the kind you actually ride, the main reason I don´t like it as a motorcycle, could work hanging from a wall at a Girl´s clothing shop maybe... :roll: :?

Latest posts

Back