Judson from the UK

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hi guys, I've just joined the forum. I'm from the UK, the bit that sticks out above London (Norfolk).
I'm a healthcare student at the moment, and I spend most of my time snowboarding in the winter and messing around with old cars in the summer time.

I also own these...

602952_10151362446058827_422146618_n.jpg

As well as a custom Specialized Secteur road bike and a 70s Raleigh single speed beater.

:D

Welcome to the forum :D . You've learnt the golden rule already and you didn't even need to be prompted!..PICS! :lol:

I'm from a little further North but there's a growing membership here from the UK.

Nice bikes by the way, where on earth did you find those?? there never seems to be anything that interesting "up North"!

Will

Hey Will, yes pics are always a must, I learned that over on the VW forums!

I bought the bikes off a friend, we are all a bit nuts over anything old and patina'd.

I believe one is a Mornark Silver King and the other is a Firestone Warrior. Am I correct? Is there any sort of frame ID-er I can use?

Thanks for the interest, Ollie :D

I'm afraid I'm not clued up on American bikes Ollie, but I'm sure one of our resident experts will be along soon to assess them. Maybe stick a photo up in the gallery section or the I.D section?

P.s You'll fit in well here, there's a lot of VW enthusiasts on here aswell :)

Not sure myself, but if that Monark is badged Silver King, it looks like it has some Super Deluxe features on it. Could have been added on? The rear reflector is upside down, but who cares, it's a Rat!

Welcome!

RatSphinx said:
Not sure myself, but if that Monark is badged Silver King, it looks like it has some Super Deluxe features on it. Could have been added on? The rear reflector is upside down, but who cares, it's a Rat!

Welcome!

Thanks for the warm welcome. I will get some better pictures of them when I can to help with identification. 8)

Welcome aboard, those are some cool bikes! Love your avatar pic too! When I lived up in the north of Australia we used to take one of them when we went buffalo shooting, perfect vehicle for it...

Plenty of VW guys on here, you should fit right in... :wink:

Luke.

Bodge Deep said:
Welcome Ollie from Cumbria
Nice bikes, nice van :mrgreen:

Cumbria? :lol:

Thanks, the van is a '68 Single Cab, on the floor. I am hoping to build in some bike racks for my collection so I take them to the shows I attend. So basically I'll have a tend on wheels to sleep in with my bikes! :D

Sounds good. Gotta keep the bikes happy.
My inlaws are in Norfolk get down there quite a bit.
Than Monark is a stonker!! :mrgreen:

Bodge Deep said:
Sounds good. Gotta keep the bikes happy.
My inlaws are in Norfolk get down there quite a bit.
Than Monark is a stonker!! :mrgreen:

Yep, can't wait to get it fixed up and ridden! :D

what part of norfolk man?
i'm just below you in suffok!

jcoles92 said:
what part of norfolk man?
i'm just below you in suffok!

I live in Norwich, but my parents live in Woodbridge in Suffolk, how about you?

RatSphinx said:
I hope you fellas can get together for a ride. Don't forget to take some pics. 8)

Deffo! 8)

Here's a couple more of mine...

544661_10151047559313827_340836497_n.jpg

They have both changed a bit since these pics were taken but you get the idea

577176_10150739271778827_154879253_n.jpg

:mrgreen:

Hi and Welcome from Durham, England! Great looking bikes and VW!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9320 using Tapatalk

Me and BodgeDeep try to get together at the odd VW shows! Sure we will meet up at one! I also have rellies in Norwich!

Boris said:
Me and BodgeDeep try to get together at the odd VW shows! Sure we will meet up at one! I also have rellies in Norwich!

Sounds good, I help out at VW Whitenoise and Skeg Vegas as they're run by mates of mine. Both have bicycle show and shines too. 8)

Latest posts

Back