Jumping in without a chute after 25 years

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
xddorox said:
Well that's it, after 25 years of puffing blue crap into my lungs, I've decided to quit smoking. I've decided that my new life as an ex-smoker will begin on this Wednesday the 16th of January. I've found an online support program sponsored by our health ministry that will be able to clinch it for me. I almost pulled it off last year, but you learn every time you fail. I figure I now have all the tools and even found myself a sponsor, my daughter :D So to the members who have quit, your words of encouragement are welcomed and to those who want to pull the plug, maybe we can help each other out. To the younger crowd here, don't ever start that crap, it's REAL hard to stop.
Many thanks
Gerry

Congratulations, and rotsa ruck!

My Q date was 6/7/86. No further urge since. Fact is, now I hate the smell of 'em!

I did it after seeing my dad recovering from one of those bypass operations.. It was UGLY!
He also quit just prior to that, after having smoked for many years. I stopped at 30, and had started at 12. (Boy was that dumb!)

Good luck, and build a bike... it keeps your hands busy! :D
Rat Royale
REC Elsewhere

GO GO GO!!!!!!!!

Put away all the money you used to spend on smokes in a jar, every week. When you finally kick it, get yourself a nice bike part with the money. Or something nice for the family. You know, a reward. Keep it up, man!

Hugo

keep up the momentum Gerry !!! itll make ridin that hannah bike much more enjoyable not gettin short of breath :wink:

On a side note...my Grandmother smoked for about 40 something years I think and she ended up getting a series of shots from her doctor and has smoked at all in probably 15 years.

Also, my sister-in-law's father-in-law has been dieing from emphysema for the past year now.....essentially suffocating for an entire year. He wants to die, but every time they think it's about to happen he pulls through and continues to live. He was a smoker all his life. If that ain't motivation to quit I don't know what is.

I'll be praying for ya man.

my dad quit smoking in 1980 he still has a half a pack of Salems in the freezer (in case he ever needs one) lol
the past few years he has had small tumors removed from his bladder and had prostate cancer which his doctor directly linked to his smoking all those years ago.
he told me when I was young if he ever caught me with a cigarette in my mouth he would bust me in the mouth..... he used to be bigger than me lol but sadly I rebelled and started chewing tobacco instead. the only thing I dont do without a pinch between my cheek and gum is brush my teeth

thats good you pretty much got it licked. i quit about 2 years ago. but now i chew :| . but like i told my friends, i'd rather have my lung power to ride my bike.

Keep it up man. For me it was always the three day mark that would make or break me after that it was all down hill...Kelly

good job!
keep going!
you have to fight it everyday...
i've gone 8 months without a cigarette...

you can do it!

we're rooting for you!

oct.

Latest posts

Back