Junk Bros. Build - AMFer - DONE!!! July 27, 2014

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The whole flow of the bike looks great.

Warts and all, here's the mounting for the kick-stand.

I threw it together just enough to check the kick-stand. I think it will do. You sharp eyed guys will notice some bondo work has begun (not my favorite thing...)

We're halfway through, are ya gonna make it? Good luck! Rg

Sorry for the poor pictures, but you gotta get it done when you can. I've been back and forth on a rear fender, what do you guys think?
Without
DSC00570_zps60d2a3cd.jpg

With
DSC00568_zpsaf26a310.jpg

Without
DSC00565_zpse3b5950e.jpg

With
DSC00571_zpsf16bebda.jpg

Loco-cycle snuck in on this shot, Bad bike!
DSC00575_zps7934d5e5.jpg

My wife says she would need to see the whole bike together to decide, I'm leaning toward without...

Or if you were worried about the tire throwing puddles at you what about stretching some leather or canvas inside the rear rack ? I still dont know how this thing will turn out in the end but I think it would look cool on a rat rod maybe ??

1ddd08bf8376ca74785c21bc128ebe88.jpg

I like it better with no fender.
Definitely no chainguard hiding that sprocket!

Great progress RJ. AMF's have grown on me since my sad frame looked up at me from the dumpster and said "don't do this, you'll regret it." So I turned it around, and after some counseling won the MBBO'13. Click my sig to see it.

Oh... and fender. The fender adds some substance to the lines. No chain guard is fine, but the fender ties in the rear end for me, especially if it's painted. Just my opinion though.

Hey RG, what's the go with that sprocket?

Luke.
Awww, I don't really want to talk about that sprocket, BUT, since you asked, it is a sprocket used on 3 piece cranks only. I carefully ground it off of the crank and then machined (read "hand filed") the splines off of it to fit a 1-piece crank. It may be the only jchiggins-script one-piece crank sprocket in existence. (I realize somebody will now feverishly search google to prove me wrong, to you, destroyer of dreams, I say get a hobby, like building bikes)

Thanks for asking! Rg

Great progress RJ. AMF's have grown on me since my sad frame looked up at me from the dumpster and said "don't do this, you'll regret it." So I turned it around, and after some counseling won the MBBO'13. Click my sig to see it.

Oh... and fender. The fender adds some substance to the lines. No chain guard is fine, but the fender ties in the rear end for me, especially if it's painted. Just my opinion though.
I appreciate the input crash. I think I'm going without the fender. I did a lot of sweating details on loco-cycle and I just don't want to get as tied up with this bike. I also want a more traditional ratrodbike or hotrod style bike so I'm trying to keep it looking like it's been stripped for speed.

Rg

A super hot weekend in KY. Worked out a strapless brake lever setup. Simple, and gives room to tighten chain. I try to eliminate these straps on all my bikes.

Can't even tell it's there.

Rg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back