Junk Bros. Build LOCO-CYCLE 8/08 DONE! link to pics

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Junk Bros. Build LOCO-CYCLE 6/27 Crank paint and mo bondo

Excellent work on those rear springer brackets!!!
I also like the chainring orange. I plan on doing something along those lines but different with my star ring.
Keep it coming!!!

Well, the worst kind of update, a no pictures update, but believe me, it has been boring getting ready for paint. Plus, it's lonely on page 3...

Lots of sanding and hopefully paint will go on soon. Then assembly, my favorite part!

Came up with a unique idea to fill my empty tank hole. Hopefully some pics this weekend.

We are getting closer! Rg

Welcome back to Page 1.
Couple of more days and my hungry tank would have been after ya.

Well, I've wanted to post updates but everything I've worked on is more detail work (which I hate) than GOSH!Look at that! type work (which I love). I just hope everything goes back together well.

Rg

Ummm, maybe detail was the wrong word. I'm talking about paint prep, sanding, bondo, fixing scratches and dents... I like the painting part, but the prep is killing me, I have problems saying "It's good enough"

Anyway, I should get something done tomorrow thats worth a pic or 2.

Rg

A bit of an update, I finished up the prep on the frame (actually, it probably needs more love, but I only have so much patience). Hopefully I will get some paint on it this week.

DSC00340.jpg

DSC00339.jpg

Sprayed some fern green on the front forks. These took more work to get looking smooth than I had expected and I can still see places I should have given more attention. I have to keep thinking “I’m going to ride this, not show it.” But you know how it is…

DSC00335.jpg

DSC00333.jpg

And to wrap it up I shot the first color for the tanks. Once again, I should have been more diligent on the prep, but the areas I worked were mostly the welded holes, all the wrinkles are in other places! The tanks will be green and white when they are done.

DSC00331.jpg

I’m getting more excited now that the bondo work is drawing to a close! Hopefully I’ll make the deadline.

Keep on building! We’re almost there! Rg

Re: Junk Bros. Build LOCO-CYCLE 7/10 Fork paint and tanks

Great to see photos as the parts come out of paint. Love that green. This is gonna be sharp!!!

Re: Junk Bros. Build LOCO-CYCLE 7/10 Fork paint and tanks

Nice work Jim....I agree, the color is awesome. I have a feeling this is going to be one to watch.

Re: Junk Bros. Build LOCO-CYCLE 7/11 First frame coat

Thanks for the kind words guys, we are getting closer!

Sprayed the first coat of green on the frame, still needs more color, sanding, and clear.

DSC00343.jpg

DSC00342.jpg

DSC00341.jpg

DSC00344.jpg

I also worked on my rear coaster brake attachment, forgot to take any pics of it, I hope it works or I’ll have to drop back and punt. Hopefully I can get the tanks masked off tonight. I keep seeing lots of details to wrap up.

I need to build a work shop, especially for paintwork. Painting outside is the pits! Rg

WOW!!!! That is some good looking green on a great looking machine!!!!!

raggedjim said:
Yer a poet and don't know it!

Thanks, Rg

Oh, I knows it, cuz that's how I doze it!

bike2112 said:
WOW, the frame looks awesome. Those colors are going to look extremely good together. Can you build it up ASAP so we can see this badness?

ASAP may be a problem, still lots of things to wrap up before assembly. Believe me, no one wants to see it built more than me.

Rg

The extra time you took in frame prep really shows in the paint. Bravo!

bpellham said:
The extra time you took in frame prep really shows in the paint. Bravo!

Thanks, you should see it now after the wetsand and respray. No more orange peel! I hope the clear goes on well...

Not much going on except paint finesse. I did wrap up some issues with lights but nothing major. I knew the body, paint work would take time...

Rg

Latest posts

Back