junkyard ross *finished*

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i picked this up at a local junkyard during the summer and have been doing a bit in my spare time. i know a lot of guys like keeping the rust and crust but i wanted this one cleaned up 8) hahaha i have others to rat out. this post is going to start out with pictures from the last couple months right in a row to bring you up to date... i have been moving into a new house among other things keeping me busy... blah! :lol:

31658_1477856585898_1218248721_31345171_7639057_n.jpg

Re: junkyard ross

after a good sandblast and wire brushing it received primer.

yo082.jpg

my paint rack is my floor jack with a pipe inserted through the handle.

yo083-1.jpg

yo092.jpg

where i'm at currently with the project... sitting at my new house awaiting assembly. i painted it key lime green and its going to receive the wheels and tires in the background. i snagged those off a donor bike i bought at goodwill for $5.00 :wink:

dec008-1.jpg

dec015-1.jpg

Nice color, Personally i'd go for some black scallops over it to really make it pop but that's just me.

That color is wild! It will look great in the sunshine. Looks great so far!

outskirtscustoms said:
Nice color, Personally i'd go for some black scallops over it to really make it pop but that's just me.

I'm feeling some black accents as well :)

i was thinking some black and white accents actually... maybe checkered on the chain guard but not sure yet though. well thanks for the complements on the paint, i was unsure on how it was going to go over. i like it though and thats all that really counts i guess hahaha :lol:

just doing some finishing touches on it... still some items i want to do yet and some things i may change but here it is, put on your shades hahaha 8)

new039b.jpg

new045b.jpg

drilled out some dice to make caps
new043b.jpg

by far the cleanest bike i have now :lol:
new048b.jpg

new044b.jpg

Love it! Nice idea on the "paint stand". I knew what it was right away. I'm gonna try that.

Latest posts

Back