just a few random questions

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i just have two. if you have some you can post here also!

1. why do bikes that have tanks usually have them missing

2. why are ape hangers sometimes are positioned like this, bent to the rider? i see it occasionally
00Y0Y_l1QVb5pGV9Q_0t20CI_600x450.jpg

1 tanks slow you down, bike will be 4.16% quicker without*

2 bars pulled back to make em easier to reach?

*actual speed increase may be closer to 0%, mileage may vary

i just have two. if you have some you can post here also!

1. why do bikes that have tanks usually have them missing
At some point (late 50s to late 60s), they just became, 'not cool', and were removed. By the late 60s, they just weren't made anymore.
2. why are ape hangers sometimes are positioned like this, bent to the rider? i see it occasionally
Short riders (aka very young kids).

My era was BMX, but we tossed chain guards and kickstands because they rattled and weren't cool (But I guess the grease tattoo on our tall striped socks was? My mother didn't agree.), so I would guess the same with the earlier era.

There should be thousands of tanks in excellent condition stashed away forgotten in garages around the country.

Looks like a very young person rode that yellow bike, the seat is all the way down, probably needed the bars down to reach them.

We should give thanks to all of the people of the past that left us bikes with missing parts and bikes that are otherwise molested. The serious collectors won't touch them so that leaves more fodder for rattrodding.

We should give thanks to all of the people of the past that left us bikes with missing parts and bikes that are otherwise molested. The serious collectors won't touch them so that leaves more fodder for rattrodding.
Ah, but would the collectors be interested if so many more bikes were intact?

Latest posts

Back