Just in time

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I finished my gran-daughters bike tonight just in time for her 10th birthday Tuesday. It is a girls Foremost that is almost completely original, I was going to repaint it but the paint looked so nice with just a couple nicks I had to leave it. I almost feel like I cheated because it was in such nice shape from front to back when I picked it up, all I had to really do is clean and tune it up. I did add a taller 36" sissy bar, and I had to add the retro girls basket and streamers but I am waiting on a new chain guard decal from Bruce, thanks for the info Rob on the decals.

Looks great! Those high back Troxel seats are awesome! She is going to love it!

Yeah she loved it, jumped on it and rode it till it got dark out Haha!
First words out of her 8 yr old brothers mouth "will you make me one!"

That's a fantastic picture! I love it! I wish I could get that with my daughter, but she's seen it over and over in the garage, so they'll be no big "moment of surprise" to capture. But I'll try.

Great job Granddad!!

I know there are collectors who show them off in a show room. But in my mind there is no better way of honoring the history of these bikes than by letting a kid love one.

That is great! She looks so excited!

Great job with that one, now what are you building her brother? :grin:

That is great! She looks so excited!

Great job with that one, now what are you building her brother? :grin:

Gotta go back to my favorites, I'm thinking Huffy Super Stock or Sears Screamer. I have this project I'm already working on in original Antifreeze green but he wants blue and I can't bring myself to strip this and repaint it so the search is on for another one, Haha

My middle son turned 11 today and is still too small for a 24", and I grow big kids. I would say stick with a 20" for him. I love 5 speeds and so does my son. So with that in mind is say a blue Rail or 20" Spyder. But if you have a Screamer that would be cool too (although I've been told they ride like crap for kids. Look cool, but ride like goofy garbage)

He needs a Huffy Wheel then, those are blue haha!

I agree, don't strip the paint on that Antifreeze Super Stock, that color is pretty darn cool.

Latest posts

Back