Just Inherited Tons of Bike Stuff and Ambition to Start Building!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys,

I'm from the Detroit area. Rochester to be exact. I've been a long time enthusiast, mostly BMX bikes over the years, but a little bit of everything. A friend of mine recently recommended my to this site. I've added a couple pics of just a few things that I have to get started. I'm pretty sure I'm addicted already! Feel free to chime in if ya got any ideas to get me off on the right foot, Thanks.

Carl

atymy3ar.jpg

adyda6ah.jpg

zyzyrany.jpg

6a2usube.jpg

u4ypadep.jpg

2ezuvanu.jpg

8yzeba7y.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks everyone..I Really look forward to getting started, thinking of using the Yellow Schwinn Fastback, or the black framed Murray with the banana seat

Man either one of those bikes would be a cool build!! Oh Welcome

Troy

Well actually im having a hard time identifying it. I thought it was a 65ish Murray Solar. Basically because thats what it says on the chain guard. But when i looked at the vintage catalogs, there seemed to be a few inconsistincies with what was in the picture..And Im pretty sure the one on the far left is a fleet line..

Welcome aboard! Great stash of bikes and parts :cool:
Looks like you have enough tires for 13 lifetimes!

Make sure you do your research before building anything that would be irreversible. Some of those bikes might find your entire hobby for a while. Might....not Will. But better to know the values first. Good Stingray chrome is getting expensive and hard to find. What a fantastic start in the hobby... was it all from a family member?

Welcome, really off to a good start. Looks like you skipped right over I bought this bike now I need another, and went to I need lots, Ha, Ha! Great group of projects there to work with, Enjoy!

Hey DJ,

Thanks for the heads up..Yeah theyve been in Grandpas basement without seeing daylight in probably over 20 years. But your right I do need to do my homework before getting too crazy..

Latest posts

Back